Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
heenie Offline OP
OP Offline
H
i feel like i have such a choppy story so i will summerize for clearity sake.
-d-day=4-20-02
-A with a co-worker,lasted 3 months
-M=5 years
-son=4,daughter due this month
-he began talking about a possible divorce and how he had been falling out of love with me.
-i moved out for 3 weeks and did not speak to him or see him. i was an emotional wreck, through the time apart i am now more stable and strong.
-he asked me to come back and that he would move out.(that is what i wanted)
-he informed me that he was still talking to her.
-he then broke it off totally with her, and now says he wants to move on with me.
-he is home but sleeping in the basement.<p>so....i still question his sincerity in making things up to me. our MC adviced that he move back but sleep in the basement so that there is somewhat of an emotional seperation and i am still somewhat "in control" of things. i still feel strong and in control. <p>my husband does not show much humility( and the counselor even pointed that out to him) and while he has been kind and apologetic and says he is ready to move on and put the A behind us, i question whether or not he has really fealt the impact of the pain he has caused.
does this come in time or should a couple stay apart until the WS appears completely broken??<p>do couples sometimes begin recovery only to slip back into just giving up on their marriage??<p>what should i watch out for??
need some feedback.

S
S
H;
These things take time...a lot more time than this. And a lot more work.<p>You do have a very critical point in your favor; your H is showing a desire to end the A and work on your M; this is HUGE! Many of us remain in limbo about this for many, many months. Sometimes years.<p>Give it more time; find ways to stop thinking about it all the time, make yourself better and stronger, your children need the very best of you right now.<p>Keep going to MC, read the books recommended here, post, ask questions, vent here. Work on you, and start learning about the things you need to be doing for yourself.<p>You do not need to or want to "break" the WS, unless you want to end your M. There will be progress, and there will be setbacks, but you will come out ahead, and you have a great chance of recovering your H and your M.<p>Have courage, have patience...<p>MB Book List With Links

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 398 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation