Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
dopey Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hello Everyone: I really didn't want to post this because I've just been trying to move on w/ my life regardless of how I feel. But I can't take what I feel are my XH's mindgames anymore. I feel like I am going crazy.<p>He has been with his OW for 2 yrs now but currently lives w/ his brother. I've really never been out of the picture completely because of our 2 daughters. I had tried to Plan A but it just didn't work. Anyway, I know for the longest time my husband just wanted to have his cake & eat it too which I allowed up until about 3 weeks ago. Then I chose to finally step away from having a lot of connection w/ him because I was the one that continued getting hurt regardless of how nice I was to him. I know his OW pressured him into asking me for the divorce because she called to schedule him for a class we had to take to finalize the divorce as well as giving him the money to take it. Oh, well, that's neither here nor there. He had been coming over and just making himself at home whenever he brought our daughters home and one night he even told me that he really never wanted the divorce either but had asked me for it because he thought later on we could make a new beginning (start over) for ourselves. I didn't respond to it. <p>He would still come over looking for sex from me but I hadn't fallen for it for quite awhile now. He sent me e-mails w/in the past couple months telling me he loved me and even on the phone he told me that he never fell out of love w/ me. Now what were comments like this supposed to mean to me??? I felt like I was the crazy one because needless to say, it made me feel good. Keep in mind, he's never done anything w/ just OW & my kids unless her kids are w/ her and vice versa. The day after he says all this & wants to have sex w/ me he tells me that he & just OW are going to take our daughters to the movie & the beach. All I did was just think to myself "you are so weird." <p>I then told him to please leave my house and he tried hugging me to tell me that he never meant to hurt me but I was the one that told him to give OW a chance. For the first time he cried as he was telling me all of this. I had never seen him cry before. I just told me to please quit playing games with me and to please stay the hell out of my life because I deserve so much better. With that reply, he informed me that I need to start dating so I can know how he feels. (that reply kind of stung). He then left my house angry and took our daughters with him and took them to the movie w/ OW. He brings them home to me afterwards, walks in & acts like nothing ever happened. I, at that point, frustrated, confused, angry, etc. sat him down and asked him "why he didn't move in w/ OW?" he just replied "because I don't want to". I told him that I wish he would because this way I knew that his games were going to stop. There is no way he could call or come over w/out OW monitoring time, etc. He just looked at me and said "it isn't going to happen." I told him never speak to me again unless it regards the girls. <p>As difficult as it's been for me we hardly spoke. Then this past Saturday night 11:30pm, I get woke up by a phone call & guess who it is. It's the OW. She called to inform me that she had just gotten a call from an anonymous caller telling her to tell her boyfriend (my XH) to grow some balls and tell her the truth about who he really wanted to be with because he constantly was coming over to my house to ask for sex. I don't know who the caller was but the OW was not very happy due to her not knowing who it was. Anyway, I told her that it was none of her business what went on inside my home. And that it didn't matter anyway because she and my XH got what they wanted anyway. Cruel as this woman is then replies, "I know we did and besides that you're right it doesn't matter because he and I have an awesome sex life." Major burning in my heart but I didn't let her know that. That wasn't all that was said but that was the major jist of the conversation. She then told me that she loved my husband more than she's ever loved anyone before & wants to be with him for the rest of her life. I wanted to be rude and say "oh, you mean more than the 5 previous husbands you've had." But I didn't, I just told her that from now on if she had a problem that she needed to go thru XH and never to call my house again. <p>I can tell she is one pushy witch. I couldn't sleep after that but I got thru it okay. My XH has never said a word about it which I'm sure she told him about the phone call & I never bothered to bring it up to him either. <p>Today, my husband calls me early and sounds cheery as can be and wants to carry on a conversation about our daughters. I let him talk but cut it short. I can't lie & say that I don't miss talking to him but I don't want to let myself hurt anymore. I have to move on w/ my life but you know I do know one thing for sure and that is that my husband is very, very sure of my love for him. That is definitely one thing he always flaunted during our marriage and even a couple times after separation was his certainty about the extent of my love for him. <p>Unfortunately, I do still love him but I am growing stronger by myself & kids and have accepted the fact that he will never leave the OW. I know he's a co-dependent & spineless. We are divorced and that's the way it's going to be no matter the friendship he wants to keep with me. <p>Am I wrong for wishing that at some point & time I wished he had shown some remorse?? Should I try to remain casual friends w/ him or not? Do you think he's ever sincere in what he tells me??
I guess I'm tired of feeling like his safety nest so he feels comfort whenever he comes to the house. Should I no longer let him do this? Maybe, deep inside, the only reason I've really let him do any of this is because I heard that the OW can't stand the thought that he and I still even speak to one another even if it regards our daughters. She still interacts w/ her XH's. Please, anybody give me some insight. Anything will help. I just want to be able to block him out and move on no matter what games he wants to play. [img]images/icons/confused.gif" border="0[/img]

M
M
Oh Ruby - why haven't you wrote me??? I can't believe that she called you on the telephone - I would have called him right away and said what the heck... But you didn't you are good... You are right you do need to not talk to him or her - if for no reason than you r sanity - I know that you love him.. But really why do you have to put up with all of this crap you are divorced.. Has that other woman really been married five times?? If that is the case maybe you should just go on with your life and let theirs run their course and maybe someday he will realize the mistake he made and want to come back - and hopefully by then you will have a wonderful new someone - I know you aren't ready to date but sometimes I think that would make it easier on us - having someone else care about us and making us feel special.. I can't believe you didn't tell her that you two have sex everytime he comes over why do you think he is here that long.. Maybe she really would have started to think.. I can't believe you are having all of this trouble again - I was sort of using you as my role model to go on - you know... You are at where I am going - Write to me... Mimi - keep your chin up...

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 218 guests, and 103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation