Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 966
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 966
Well, I called my mom today. I wasn't sure if they got the letter yet or not, but she left a v-mail on my cell this morning, sounding pretty worried, so I know I had to suck it up and talk about this "in person."

Mom actually admitted she was really worried, based on the new message on WW's answering machine... my mom said it didn't sound like WW at all, and it wasn't "this is BS and WW", it was much more "generic".

Anyhow, I decided to give 'em the whole story. But from a MB perspective... talked about the addictive aspects of A's... about how WW has behaved irrationally, yet can speak clearly at times... etc.

I expected my mom to be in tears, paniced, falling apart. Instead, she was attentive, strong, had some even funny comments. In the end, she said "well, and if it doesn't work out, at least you'll know you did your best." It was great! In fact, I think I'm more optimistic than they are! But I know it hurts them. I think my demeanor, talking calmly, talking about Plan A and Plan B, talking about my confronting OM - all those things I think help her realize I've been doing all the "right things".

And it's true - no matter the outcome, I will be better. I know that for sure now.

She even asked what my plans are... am I going to stick around here, etc.? I said yeah, I'll be here for at least 3-4 months, then we'll see.

She said that she thought my going to Plan B was the best move possible, given circumstances. And I don't think it was just to make the son feel better - her comments surrounding it supported it fully.

Well... another step forward on the road to recovery.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 664
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 664
That is great, J.R.! I still haven't told my parents anything, and probably won't, unless I have to go to Plan B. I hope mine will be as understanding as yours.

Please let us know how your plan B is going.

KK

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 5,733
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 5,733
J.R.,

She probably 've suspected from the beginning ... my mom feels it at the frist glance when she saw my WW last summer but wait until I break the news ...

Hope you WW realize soon what she will be missing. -RH-

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,028
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,028
Doesn't it feel good to talk to someone in your family about it! Yea Mom!!


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0