chameleon we probably are enjoying a spiritual debate and taking away from waitings problems. for that I apoligize. I know I would love to share you company , because are a serious person ,as am I. when I say the time the bible was written I know it was translated and, as you say largely from the bishops bible. but after being tranlated , then it was written down . thats what I mean by written. check more closely on the snakes , poisons, etc. I have faith and it sustains me. I believe all people are agonostics, meaning ,do not know. no one knows. we can only hope. to say we know what happens after death is incorrect use of the word know. we can know things which are verifiable, but beyond the grave is not verifiable. reference to ,in light of todays knowledge, the study of human behavior demonstrates patterns in thinking and ideas. these gradually change as knowledge becomes more prevalent. my spouting from my high horse results from becoming aware of people using missguided religious ideas , such as not letting their children have blood transfusions, problems in northern ireland, israel and palastine the teachings of jesus are the issue , and they are being ignored, because people use them to carry out their own agenda. In the name of God so much evil is done. one need ask themself is it the man or the message, it is the message. oh, and by the by the translators of the bible, one of those guys was simultaneously working on a book on the bawdy houses in london while doing the translations. this you can research, but it may have to be done in the libriarys of cambridge or oxford. those men are known to history biographically. thanks for reading this. and waiting and wanting , you have to do what works God bless