Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
local Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Okay, I'm going nuts here...what do you do if you are in Plan B, and your WS decides to bring your kid(s) to meet the OP and their kids?! Just out of the blue...

Up until this date, my H has seemed to put our Son's well being as a priority in his actions. This is one of the reasons why I want our M to recover. That included keeping his A out of our Son's life. The OW has two kids of her own that are around our Son's age. I really think this meeting was "her" idea and that they want to see how their kids would "be" together. Of course this is just what I think. Has anyone else gone through this? I want to write/call him and ask him what the heck is he thinking, but I have my doubts that this would be productive. And then there is the no contact rule. Finally, this whole episode upset my Son because he felt bad that I would feel bad...it was so sad. He's only 7...and I hate that all of this has happened to him too. ARRGH. Please advise.

P
P
Hi local. I am so sorry you and your son have to deal with this. Chances are your WH isn't really thinking. Personally, I wouldn't just sit on this. It appears that your son knows something is up if the meeting upset him. I would send a "nice" sort of e-mail to your WH expressing that you are trying to work through things, be patient with him and still love him and hope that one day soon he will choose to be with his family, but that if he does not then at that time it may be appropriate to have DS interact with the OW. However, express that you strongly feel that it is not right, nor beneficial in any way to do so now. Explain to him how it affected your son and let him know that you would really appreciate that he spends his time with DS WITH DS and only DS. Let him know that it's confusing and hurtful to DS, and will cause more damage than anything. If for some reason he and OW end up together, cross that bridge when it comes, but for now he should be thinking about DS well being and introducing him to the very person that has come between mom and dad is not good for DS at all.

I hope this helps. I wish you lots of luck and hope and pray that this gets resolved amicably. Take care.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,084 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation