Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1024758 08/25/02 09:28 AM
C
Cloudy Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I haven't posted in quite a while- much has happened recently:
WS and I have been separated for 2 years, daily contact, he has been saying he wants to come home for about a year

A has been off and on, but actual no contact has lasted 1 week at the most

WS was renting a house that he decided to give up- gave a 60 day notice in June, plan was to move back home

For the last year,OW was living with a nephew that wouldn't allow WS to come to his home- she built a house and moved in the end of May

About 3 weeks before WS was to move home,he decided he wanted a divorce and to be with OW- he told my 2 step-kids (S20, D17) to find a place to stay for a while after they moved out of their house

About a week before their move, he started talking agin about moving home, told the kids that he was going to stay with his mother for a while, but would eventually end up here at home

Step-kids both asked to move in here- I agreed
So- WS and I have 2 kids that have been with me throughout- D12 and S8, now also have S20 and D17

WS showed up on a Saturday night, 3 days after they moved out of the house- he had been staying with his mother- anyway, said that he had ended it with OW, set up no contact, told her that he was not getting a divorce- no discussion of him moving back here on this night

The next day, with no warning, he shows up here with all of his clothes- told the kids that he was home, he was living here now and that this was his family and where he wanted to be

I let him stay- big mistake

Things were fine on Sunday and Monday, Tuesday, he was a little moody but still affectionate with me, Wednesday he was a little more moody and withdrawn, Thursday he decided he had to talk to her- returned home talking divorce again, moved his stuf out the next day, staying with his mother

The last mention of divorce was 2 weeks ago- he was pressuring me to fill out the papers- I told him to do his part first, get them back to me- I would fill out my part and get them back to him-His car is in my name and due to debts that he has racked up while separated, he can't get a loan to put the car in his name. There are several home repairs that need to be done that he agreed to do a long time ago. I have told him that I wouldn't sign any D papers until the car was not in my name and the repairs were made.
He hasn't mentioned it again and as far as I know has not done anything with the car

We are still seeing each other daily, but for short periods of time- he is spending most of his time at OWs house- kids, especially 17 year old daughter are giving him a hard time about how little time he has spent with them.

So, my questions-
Can you plan B in this situation- when he has said he wants a D?

If so, the typical letter talks about talking about our future after he has ended his A, what would mine say?

If plan B is possible, we have some stumbling blocks-
20 year old step-son has a race car that is here now, WS helps him work on the car

WS is working on a car for 17 year old step-daughter- motor has to be rebuilt- it is here and will take about 2 to 3 weeks

D12 and S8 both do not want to spend time with WS unless he is here- they absolutely do not want to spend time at his mother's- since WS moved back out, OW has been very possessive- he has to check in constantly and she does not want him here at all, so he's mostly hiding it from her

And- also need suggestions- should I force the kids to spend time with him at his mother's house? He has no money so taking them places probably won't happen

What a mess!!!!!
Open for suggestions

H
H
Cloudy, you badly need to set some boundries! It sounds like he's been allowed to call all the shots and waffle at will. I'd say a fast and strong Plan B might just be in order. Dv or not...he's still far from sure or he wouldn't have almost been moved back in!!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 704 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation