Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
OK I just caught WW on her cell phone with OM. I grabbed the phone from her to check who she was talking to and she just ran out of the house running down the street. I checked the cell phone and sure enough she was talking to OM. She went to a pay phone to call her friend and her husband to pick her up. WW came home with her friends to get some things and left. We are done I cant do this anymore. I am mentally a wreck.

T
T
I am so sorry funkedup for this latest development. It is indeed heartbreaking news and I wish I had comforting words for you. But take it from somebody who's been there, you will survive whether you remain married or divorced.

We're here for you.

Z
Z
I'm sorry to hear this.

I can understand how you would find the disrespect impossible to live with. If you have gotten to the point that you grabbed the phone out of her hand then you are right. You cannot do this anymore. You certainly do need to protect yourself from being put in a possition where you can be charged with physical abuse. Protect yourself from this at all costs. She has pushed you to the limit.

T
T
I would like to suggest to you funkedup to leave the house and go live somewhere else for a time, with friends or relatives, to take you away from this emotional maelstrom. You have some serious soul searching to do in the following days and you need a clear head to come to a sound decision.

F
OP Offline
F
Its 2AM and my Mind is just racing about all the things that could of or should of been. What to do with the house, Bills Etc. I have calmed down for the most part. This woman that I love more than anything has been the source so much happiness and as of late so much pain. I fear I will never love anyone the way I love my Wife. I need to remove myself from her as much as I can. The last time I moved back home I asked WS do you think this might be to soon. WS said “ No we need to be together to get through this.’ I said OK I just don’t want to get hurt again. WS said, “ I wont. I don’t want to do they to you anymore.’ Here I am again with my heart hopes and dreams crushed again. I can’t let her hurt me anymore. This crap has been going on since March 02. We have been to Marriage counseling. WS is now on her second IC and we recently started seeing Jennifer Chalmbers. I moved out for a month and a half and then moved back in. I have no stability in my life. I need to take control of my own life. The past 7 months have been hell for me. I feel I have endured more than the average person would to try to make this Marriage work. The truth is WS never really gave us a chance. WS has always run back to OM. I accept my part in the status of my Marriage. I also feel comfortable with my efforts to save my marriage. A marriage cannot be saved or worked on if only one person is working on it. I need to start protecting myself from the pain of WS.

J
J
If you're at a point where you can't prevent LB'ing your WW, then it looks like a Plan B stance is a good thing.

Whether you stay married beyond that is your choice, but NC to avoid the pain is a good thing - for you. (Even through it may be difficult at first.)

I.e., going out with a level of nobility would prevent your WW from feeling justified in her bad behavior. There's no excuse for it, so there's no reason to enable it.

A (Plan B) letter or such might make sense to support that.

I'm sorry to hear about this, but it's so sadly common to repeat this cycle again and again. I'll bet that she'll snap out of it again, with some more time to think. Yes, you've been at for 6 months or so: but a lot of people have been at it even longer, so it is possible, in theory... these things seem to take longer to play out... those darn brain chemicals and all.

F
OP Offline
F
WW Came home this morning Crying, apologizing and wanting hugs. I told her that I did not want her to touch me. If I give or get any affection from her it will just hurt me all the more. I am protecting myself from any more pain. WW still wants a divorce and after last night so do I. I want to get on with my life. A life with no more emotional abuse. This is a great site. I believe in the MB principles. I believe that if both people are willing to follow them that it can rebuild a marriage. I am glad I have learned so much about relationships and marriage the past 7 months. I hope this knowledge will make my next relationship stronger. Thank you all for your support.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation