Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 174
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 174
I have been in Plan B since Jan 02. This has helped me tremendously to the point that I have overcome many hurts and pain. What still gets to me is WH utter disrespect for me. To date I have just ignored it and Plan A'd him even though he was so rude.

Yesterday, I received a final demand for our property tax for which is H responsibility but he did not pay it for the whole year. Phoned my atty and he I must phone H and tell him. WH response was "No I am not paying it and I do not care if you sit on the road" My response "Thats fine" was all that I could answer.

I also had to take him to court for non payment of c/s. This was not a decision lightly made but to protect myself and my children from his irresponsible way of dealing with money. WH and OW is living such an extravagant lifestyle that people is starting to ask me where he gets the money from. I can answer that "he just stopped supporting me and the kids" but I prefer to remain silent.

As the dv is in process there is nothing to lose, today I feel like sending him this letter via e-mail.

My Dear WH

I have forgiven you for the pain and hurt when will you be able to forgive yourself.

For my anger outburst and disrespectfulness towards you soon after D-day I ask you to find it in your heart to forgive me. I have dealt with it and I seeked help for it and I am well on my way to recovery.

Your anger, hate and resentment directed at me I could understand if I was still controlling or interfering in your life but for the past couple of months there was nothing of that.

I had to make certain decisions to protect myself and our daughters which might look vindictive to you now but in later years perhaps you will understand.

WH, D,B and myself have moved on from 1yr ago. We are happy. I hope in my heart that you will overcome the anger and resentment towards me and open yourself up to also experience the pure joy of happiness that we have in our lives now.

BS

What do you think must I send it?

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 174
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 174
^ bump ^

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 17,837
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 17,837
Ginny,

I am bumping this up so that you will get more responses. IMHO, I think you should make your letter stick to business. I don't think you should apologize for his anger.

You are both parents and if he is not maintaining his parental obligation you should not harbor his actions but either silence or take over his responsibilities. Keep a log of what he owes and make it your aim to collect it. That fairy land that he is living in will crash one day, it is just a matter of when. Protect you and your children.

L.

<small>[ October 02, 2002, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Orchid ]</small>


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0