Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1038480 11/06/02 02:24 PM
D
Dino09 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Well my D takes place in two weeks. I can't believe it right around the corner, but it is. I need to tell my boys what's going to happen. Does any one have any good advice on this? I spoke to my tharapist yesterday and he said what I was going to say to them seemed fine.

If you have something to share, please let me know.

Dino

#1038481 11/07/02 02:41 AM
O
O
Dino,

I am not sure how old your boys are but honesty and support is a good combination. Children know more than they let on and the parents should not fool themselves nor their children. Children don't like to have their feelings toyed with. My 7 year old told me he does not appreciate an adult who lies for any reason. That was an earful.

Letting them know it is happening but that your love for them remains and will grow stronger is a good reinforcement that their entire world will not completely change. Too bad they even have to suffer through this but that is the other parents choice and they need to know that. Don't camaflouge the others actions.

JMHO,
L.

#1038482 11/07/02 05:53 AM
N
N
Have a look at this site:

http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/feeling/home_family/divorce.html

I printed out the section on divorce and gave it to my 9 1/2 year old (very bright) son yesterday. He put it down, but today I noticed he was reading it. It has good advice, and shows kids they aren't alone.

The site has some great advice regarding other children's issues too. I hope you can find it useful!

Love and light,

Jacky

#1038483 11/07/02 09:23 AM
D
Dino09 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Orchid and Nina Too.

My children are 6 and 3. The 3 year old won't really understand but the 6 year old will. I dread this day of telling them, but it has to be done.

Thanks

Dino

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation