Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
After re-locating 2 years ago we visited several churches in the area & never found one both could agree on. My H recently joined one of the churches we had visited but that I couldn't stomach joining. He is getting quite involved in the new church presently attends those functions alone.

The pastor of this church was dismissed from another church when it was discovered he had an affair with a church member. He later divorced his wife and married his GF and was recently hired as the pastor of the local church. This minister has a pretty permissive attitude about divorce as does the church. I feel very uncomfortable attending this church.
any suggestions?

F
F
If I were you, I would express to Husband, this man is an adulterer, and I feel wrong about praising this man and his sinful attitdue. I jsut would not go, and say please Honey, would you go to a different church?

L
L
Keep looking and then find one you can both attend. This is very important. I dont' blame you for not liking the other church and your H owes it to you to go to one together, than both can feel comfortable in. God bless, LouLou

S
S
The way I understand POJA it is a joint agreement!
From what I have read the Harleys say if you cant agree on something than make no decision until you can agree.
I think there are several options.
PRAY
GOD knows which church he wants you in.

If you do go to this church you are not praising the preacher,you are praising GOD right? I think you can find GOD there if you look.
But your H could easily try out a new church too.
Maybe you could alternate weekends until you find where GOD wants you both.
Maybe this is a show of power more than a real question of where to attend church.
L

C
C
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> Of course, you remember, that she did eat, she took the fruit "and did eat, and gave unto her husband." Of course, right here, immediately in the fall is the reversal of the role--the woman has usurped the leadership, and the man has fallen to be a follower. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I say follow your Husbands lead, he is leading and your choosing to try and lead as well.

its probably better to let him attend that church by himself, surrounded by people who are like minded, who are engaged in similar persuit, recreational activites, communicating ideas and concepts with open hearts, a place where he can establish himself as a leader and gain the admiration of fellow perishiners.. yea best to let them do that for him you wouldnt want to be the one to meet those needs...

no reason to think the minister has repented his sins and sought the forgivness of the lord right.. sometimes the best teachers are the ones who have experience tribulation...

but whatever, its better to be right and righteous. right?

go with him!!!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 118 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg, dr. lan smith, Dexterman2024, jonesbarry055
71,869 Registered Users
Latest Posts
On the same page...in a bad way
by BrainHurts - 09/20/24 04:27 PM
Welcome New Members!
by ClarencePeterson - 09/20/24 01:05 AM
Deep hurt
by Iceprincess - 09/18/24 12:07 PM
Before reentry into dating
by Dr. Harley - 09/13/24 04:18 AM
Involucrar o no a la familia por apoyo
by BrainHurts - 09/03/24 02:02 PM
Wife bought THC gummies and lied to hide it
by BrainHurts - 09/02/24 09:16 PM
Child activities
by thirdtimesacharm - 08/23/24 04:56 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,606
Posts2,323,412
Members71,869
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation