Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
OP Offline
Y
Well,<P>It's official. After 5 months of looking (okay, only 4 1/2), I have found a new job. Doesn't pay much better, but it's a heck of an opportunity. I am going to the Dallas County District Attorney's Office! It's a little frightening. I know NOTHING about criminal law. However, I've been assured that I'll be getting 2-3 trials per WEEK, so it's gonna be a TON of experience.<P>Thanks to all of you who listened to me b**ch and moan about my present job. At least now, I'll be so busy, I won't have time to be bored! Unfortunately, I also won't have access to the internet at work anymore, cuz the DA's office is not computerized yet. (Hard to believe, eh?)<P>So, I probably won't be around much, but I'm gonna try to tap in every week in the evenings.<P>I want to send some special thanks to Maya, Janet, DMac, Suse, Broken, K, Chris(CA123) and Knifed for being there for me in the beginning, and in the darkest hours. I also appreciate the verbal sparring, Maya! It was fun (you too, New Woman). Hope we have no hard feelings. Y'all made me think more than anyone.<P>Anyhoo. If I don't see y'all in a while, thanks for EVERYTHING. Petunia and I have never been better. Even though the pain jumps up every now and then, I think we have a MUCH better understanding of each other now. I have all of YOU to thank for helping me get to this point.<P>So, I know this sounds like a farewell, but it's not. I'll be around, but not much for a while, since the new job is gonna be tough at first.<P>Hope to hear good news from all of y'all soon.<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P><BR>

Y
Y
Hey, Congrats, Cowboy Dan!! It sounds like a great job (& *interesting*). Just don't forget that l'il gal of yours at home, y'hear? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Glad to hear you're still planning on popping in around here too. We haven't been on much lately - vacation, lotsa biz travel for Dunc, lotsa *biz* for me, now a kid with a major virus, and my mom is getting a coronary bypass Wed. this week. Yikes. When it rains, it pours. <P>But we're doing great too. Oh! This is also Anniversary Week (of D's affair) for us - 9/15/98 he went off to sunny CA to meet his, um...Her. He's gone all week on business but left me a pile of cards - one to open every day he's gone. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Wadda sweetie.<P>I'm SO glad to hear you & Petunia are doing so well - I was wondering, when you weren't popping up here much, & hoping you weren't going through a real rough patch. Good for you guys!! Now - I meant what I said about keeping that balance in your life despite a new job - *'member yer priorities*, boy! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>~suse~<BR>Rome wasn't built in a day.<BR>

K
K
Congrats Lonestar!!!!!<P>I'm glad to hear that you've moved up regardless of the size of the jump!<P>I'll be sure to "remember" that you're working for the DA so that if I ever need you to go after somebody for me, I can call on my old "MB" buddy! He He He.<P>I'm glad to hear that you and Petunia are doing great! <P>I know what you mean about the occasional "dark" days though. My W and I have really been doing well too. In fact our marriage counselor suggested we not come back except for the occasional (every 4-6 months or if needed)"checkup" visit. But there always seems to be something here or there that brings a tinge of pain or anxity into the mix. I guess that is just the norm though. I put a lot of it down to my "hyper-sensitivity" about everything. It's like I'm constantly "on guard" about everything. You know, the ol' "is she up to somehting" self-protection edginess. <P>We're going ahead and buying our first house and trying to continue on with our normal plans. But it's just hard sometimes, especially with going into this "major step". But we both want to get out of our old condo and kind of put that part of our past away. We both want to get on with our marriage and a house is what we both really want. It's just a very scary step especially just 5 months (to the day -our closing day) after "D" day.<P>Anyway, I wish you all the luck with your new job. Work hard to put all the bad guys here in big D away for a long, long, time!<P>And....how 'bout them COWBOYS!!!! Maybe some of the Stars's success will rub off on them this season!!!<P>Stay in touch.<P><BR>Hey Janet....<P>What's up wit choo?? How are things? Haven't heard from you in awhile, but I haven't been around myself too much either.<P>Later,<P><BR>knifed

Y
Y
hey lone star, <BR>you forget about me alreadY?<BR>good luck on your new job..i'm thinking of looking for one of those with my impending separation/divorce looming. <BR>i'm so happy things have worked out for you. i read an interesting quote in 'Private Lies' last night about how the counselor has seen really good marriages break up over affairs and some not very good ones survive. i really thought we would survive.<BR>my best to the two of you...<P>------------------<BR>Kellie<BR>Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough<P>

S
S
Congrats Lone Star on the job. I also live in the Dallas area - in Rockwall so I know who to call if I need someone in the DA's office lol. Anyway, I have always followed your story since ours are so much the same- haven't been really active on this bb but I have "lurked" as some call it. Our marriage is surviving but it is still a long hard road ahead. Hope we still see your posts now and again just to fill us all in on your progress with both the marriage and the job. Again Congrats!

T
T
Terrific! Way to go! <BR>TNT

R
R
Yahhhoooo !! Dan! Cool !!! Wow too! Sounds kinda neat. Now I've got you pictured like one of those groovy lawyer guys on those shows (not Ally McBeal of course- or do you wear short skirts ???) Just messing with you...remember the cheerleading outfit and pom-pom's you and Maya where taking about? ...on second thought lets not go there.. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I am so happy for you... It's great to have a new and positive change in your lives now..it is just great !!<P>Ok we'll let you do some work for awhile, but do stop back...I check in most days and read write sometimes, sometimes not. Lot's of others keep coming into this pain. But then it's a great place to help us all step out.<P>So glad things are going well with Petunia! My H and I are doing real good too...In fact just last week there was a GREAT breakthrough and \ unexpected change for me..( to answer your question Knifed..) You may remember that since I work very close to the OM I have seen him on the road and run into him at lunch and stuff. It has made it real hard, and tiring. Well, he got let go from his job overthere! I will NOT be seeing him around! I can't tell you how the weight has lifted, it's a new freedom I feel.<P>I feel badly for him in a human sense, that his life is a mess (it's just the way I am-sorry) but truely it is a gift to me. My heart can let go to the final measure now !! The guy he worked with who knew about everything (and has been a friend to me) let me know and said that the OM had a line on another job anyway downtown. He lives about 25-30 minutes east of here in a suburb so there really is literally only a one in a million chance I would EVER see him again!<P>My H was funny. He was very happy when I told him..we are more free of my mistake than ever.<P>Anyway, LS...keep in touch and drop a line on how the new job is going!!<P>take care!<P>Knifed,<P>Good luck and congrats on the house plans. It is great to leave something more behind, it really is. I'm glad you are feeling better, and can understand your anxiety too though. The thing is what they say seems to be so true...time heals all things. <P>Last nite I was laying there in bed thinking hard about what I would feel if my H did this to me. My God. I guess I just really don't understand why he stayed. The pain that the betrayed have felt must be beyond intense. I just think I would be too weak. I have HUGE respect for you, and all those who have found their way through this thing. HUGE.<P>Well, keep in touch Knifed...I'll keep an eye peeled for ya. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hi Suse!<P>Good luck holding down the fort...Glad things are going well for you and Dunc. Happiness is growing in my house...and I look forward to more and more! It's all about time spent together, it really is for me...<P>Hope the week isn't too tough on you (D day etc) How is your pain? Hope your ok..<P>talk to you again..<P>-janet<BR>

P
P
Praise God!! Nothing like going to work when you enjoy what you are doing. Congratulations!!!<BR><P>------------------<BR>God Bless,<BR>Rob<P><BR>

B
B
Congratulations!! I'm happy for you on the new job, and that you & Petunia are doing so well. I wish you all the best.<BR>Butterfly<P>------------------<BR>My favorite quote....<BR>"Hello, this is God. I will be handeling your problems today. I will not need your help, so sit back and have a good day."<BR>

K
K Offline
K
Lone Star,<P>We'll miss you. Check in when you can!

P
P
Lone Star,<BR>Congratulations!!! Best of luck to you.

N
N
Well Buddy....CONGRATS!!!<P>After all you have been thru you deserve a good job. Now you know that I am in your neck of the woods so if someone walks up to you and says "Broken" or "Lonestar" like it is a code name or something, then you will know it is me. God I will probably start balling or something!!<P>Man, I am so happy for you and P. You both have been thru hell and the good times are only beginning. I just can't believe it has been 6mos for the both of us. You really helped me in my pain and I am grateful.<P>Wife and I are doing just about the same as you and P. We have never been so happy. She actually told me that this is the happiest she has ever been in her life. Kinda wierd that we had to go thru this to get to the good. But like you too I still have the pain jump out every now and then, kinda like a wave of sorrow and then it is gone. I'll get over that too. <P>My wife finally got a job working in my company and it is great!! Get to have lunch together and save on gas. I am very happy.<P>Well once again good luck and take care. I rarely post here anymore but lurk quite a bit( or lurk to make sure Janet is staying in line!! Just kidding Janet).<P>You are a great person Lonestar. I don't think you know truly how many people you have helped.<P>Broken

R
R
hey Broken,<P>Somebody's got to keep me in lline...Maya does a pretty good job though so you don't need to worry..<P>Glad your W got the job at your work! That has to be great! I'd love to work with my H. Of course we might spend too much time checking the film closet out.... LOL...<P>Take care and ckeck in once in awhile!!<P>-janet

N
N
Hey Janet...<P>Just kidding!! I am so proud of you!! You have helped me so much and I hope someday you will realize how much.<P>Yeah it really is great. We really don't see eachother that much just because of regulations but it is great to go out to the car and have lunch and just talk. It is SO much fun!! Just have to be careful being on here so much!!<P>Take care!!

Y
OP Offline
Y
Thanks for the good wishes, y'all. Nice to remember I've got so many good friends here. Y'all have been so good to me (and so helpful), I just wanted to share the good news.<P>-----<P>Kel:<P>Sorry about the omission. I was trying so hard to remember everyone!!! Had to make sure I didn't forget Maya this time that I forgot YOU. Of course, I'm grateful for your help too. <P>I'm really sorry about the divorce, and I hope you'll always remember that it's HIS loss, not yours. I know it's scant comfort, but for what it's worth, you gave it your all and YOU didn't fail, he did.<P>------<P>To My Texas Connections (Broken, Knifed, Sdcc):<P>I'm not sure how much power I'm gonna have as an Assistant DA, but I'll be happy to help ANY of my MB friends if y'all ever need it.<P>I hope this doesn't sound weird, but if y'all ever want to get together for a beer or something, I'm always available. I've made so many good friends here at MB, I just thought I'd throw that out there for any of y'all who are interested. Sounds like y'all are all basically in the same place as me, so we're all pretty much past the "crisis" mode and well into the rebuilding.<P>If y'all ever want to bounce ideas off me, or just vent about a "dark" day, email me. I'll give ya my phone number at work, and we can talk.<P>Just throwing it out.<P>-------<P>Janet:<P>Thanks for everything. Glad to hear about the OM. I kinda know how you feel. Petunia's OM is Canadian, and he got deported last month when he lost his job (and had various legal troubles). It's a relief to know he's thousands of miles away.<P>I'm also glad that you and "Bill" (I'm just a Bill [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]) are doing so well. You guys were kind of the goal that I set for me and Petunia back when I first joined MB. You guys and Suse & Dunc. Y'all were my inspiration!!<P>Hope everything continues on the upswing.<P>-----<P>Suse:<P>Thanks for the reminder. I've ALWAYS got to keep in mind that Petunia comes first. Believe me, SHE doesn't let me forget it either. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Say "hi" to Duncy for me.<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P><BR>

C
cl Offline
C
congrats ls. Great to find a job that sounds challenging. Keep the focus.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation