Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Nick123 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
PS –

WW is really cool and detached now. Like the whole thing is an out-of-body (or rather: out-of-mind) experience for her, and she is just an innocent, accidental bystander to it, being a bit bored and only slightly interested by what she sees.

She wants us to have a civil, kind, friendly relationship – as if nothing happened, as if we are to separate by mutual agreement, as if that’s most natural thing on earth. She really can’t understand why it’s so tough on my and why I just can’t “accept it and get over it”. Like in the classic line of “why can’t we just be friends”. She wants me to feel guilty if I don’t do like she wants (“stop bullying me”, “can’t you see, it’s for the best of our child”, “if there isn’t any love between us, that doesn’t mean we need to destroy each other”). Even more – I think she is afraid of and wants to deny my feelings (which are an intense mixture of hurt, sadness, anger, frustration) and doesn’t give a toss about it – hell no, why should she? She’s got nothing to do with it, doesn’t she, nothing at all.

She sees our story like: we’ve grown apart, it’s not her fault, it’s not my fault, their simply wasn’t enough love, she couldn’t give me what I needed and I couldn’t give her what she needed. So, why keep up the façade? We’re still young, able to make a fresh start, and oh, it’s very tough on her too, you know. Have a nice life, thank you very much, and good-bye.

I just have immense problems following that logic and buying into it. I keep on re-iterating and protesting: It’s NOT what I want. NO. I DONT want to separate but I have to, otherwise it will grind me down completely. I could forgive her affair (if she would show a bit of remorse, and would be earnest in dropping contact and starting to be honest), but I can’t forgive her for destroying our family, and certainly not for her continuing to choose him over me. Never.

Sorry for the rambling. Hopefully I’ll get better once I shack up at my new (own) place – another week or so….. counting down…..

E
E
dear nick i hadn't posted for ages but uploaded a long one today on this board. your story is the most similar one to mine that i have seen since i found this site. your ww has you trapped in perpetual limbo like i am. i dont know how to get out either although your last post has given me an idea. why should i move out of our great home and leave the 4 kids? it is grossly unfair. i tried it 3 times but failed to cope on my own. i dont understand why these ws's dont just leave and be with the om or ow. my counsellor described it as a trangular relationship which would not be broken until one person decided they were not getting enough from it. at the moment i get a home, lots of contact with my kids and still get to see my pretty spouse looking great everyday albeit unfaithful and untouchable but then i get the pain of the times when she could be with him. mark

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 708 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation