Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 351
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 351 |
Well it's beginning to end. The affair that is. As many of you know my WW left on dday to be with OM who was a married friend of ours.
Well I did a great Plan A when I could.
Respected my WW request for time and space 4 months ago and only contacted her once per month. A mini plan A.
OM Wife went Plan B on him Mid August. And it's starting to work.
Ever since dday when my WW and OM left the married spouses to be together there have been signs that this would never last.
Both Families and mutual friends won't accept the opposing affair partner. It's just unacceptable.
OM has been talking with and been with his wife since DDAY and now that he's trying to break through his wife's Plan B he's begun to open up and talk about the affair,his selfishness,there marriage and ways for them to try and work on things. Along with insite about the affair and his feelings etc. He's starting to open windows into his marriage and build walls towards my WW.
So for all those waiting for something to break hang tough things do evolve. I know now for a fact that the affair will not last and that since it was exposed has been much differant compared to when it was a secret. I also know that I had a much better summer than my WW and I'm likely much more emotionaly stable than she is right now.
She has know idea that OM has been playing house with his wife and in respect betraying his relationship with my WW.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 154
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 154 |
What your post shows is that the OM has chosen his wife as his first choice over your wife when the consequences of what he was going to loose hit him. In your case, it would appear that this is not the case. In other words, you are hoping to be her number 2 choice.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069 |
goodguy - That's good news! Hang in there and do lots of stuff for you. I'm in Plan B and the more things I do for myself, the better I feel. I hardly think about H/OW at all. You need to continue your life (with or without wife). Sounds like things are going along fine.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,553
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,553 |
I don't have much to say. I'm pretty much in the same position, but I thought I'd give you a friendly bump!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 351
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 351 |
To all above,
It is obvious that OM does want his marriage on a strong level. He just hasn't found the clearity to leave my WW yet. Maybe he will and maybe he won't.
As for me I hope my marriage can be saved but I'm in no way slowing down on waiting for her. I do think about her and OM now and then but the pain is softening.
In many ways I feel sorry for my WW for what she must be going through and what OM has been doing behind her back and the bomb he may deliver to her if he dumps my WW.
Only time will tell.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
255
guests, and
37
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|