Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1102038 12/09/03 11:24 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 384
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 384
Just got an email from wife asking me about the health insurance. She pretty much mentioned that I could go ahead and drop her name off because open enrollment is taking place at her job.

(sigh) ah, well. I guess this means it's pretty much over.

I don't know why I'm bothered now...she had said to me that it was over, she does not love me, and we will never be together again. This is just validating what she has said all along.

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 630
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 630
Believe amlost nothing of what a wayward spouse says and less than half of what you see. They will pseak in absolute negatives because she is hurting and scared.... divorce busting 180 #32.

Your wife and mine have no idea what they want. My wife said the same thing about the health insurance. I was tempted to remove her as it would save me about $200 a month. But I was heavily advised to leave her on because it can cause problems for recovery.

Has your wife filed for divorce? If not, what do you have to lose by breaking contact and just waiting? You mentioned (on my thread) that you are not in plan B, what plan are you in? Sounds like it might be a good time to move to plan B. I told my WW that the only thing I was willing to talk to her about was issues immeadiatly pertaining to the kids, that was it. Other than that, we have nothing to talk about.

I'm not sure if my marriage can be saved or not, but I have nothing to lose by just letting time do it's thing. Until she files for D or wants to come home... i do nothing. Works for me.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 622
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 622
You and your wife are in my prayers.

I am losing strength and I just want my life back....it will be three years in July and I am gearing up to move on.

You can still have hope. Pray and pray some more.

Ihave to go, but I will write more later.

nmw

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 384
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 384
I guess I took our playing in the snow together as the fog beginning to lift and her wanting to come home. We wrestled in the snow and that has been the first time I've touched her since early July. This email took the wind out of me.

I guess a Plan B is what needs to happen. I will do this after the holidays. My children are ecstatic about her coming over to spend the night Xmas eve. I would not prevent that at all. I will be as sweet to her as I can possibly be for this month, then in January...Plan B her.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 10,816
2
Member
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 10,816
solon:

Spending Christmas with your W for the kids is a good plan if you can do so without LBing or hurting yourself further. It's a "remote plan A" thing, and it can be done, but it's not easy. Since you're still in plan A, definitely don't take her off your insurance. If talking 2 her about it hurts, then don't talk 2 her about it, just don't remove her.

Plant as many LUs in her LB as she will allow on Christmas and without applying undue pressure (so as not 2 get a negative reaction from her), then consider plan B after that.

-ol' 2long

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
Come up with A PLAN for the Xmas Holidays. Focus on the ENs that created the climate for the affair. Read His Needs Her Needs for info. A good Plan A is essential.

While they are in the fog, all that talk about getting off the insurance, etc. is just their way of justifying the A. If you want your marriage, ignore the FOG TALK! I repeat, ignore the FOG TALK!

Believe in MARRIAGE!!!!

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
For some excellent advice, go to my new thread and find WORTHATRY's post. Click on WAT's guidelines. These helped me a lot when I was in your exact same position last year. My FWH is now home and in love with me. Don't give up now. This has just started for you unfortunately. Be ready for the fight. You are in a war as Mortarman would say.

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 384
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 384
Thanks for the advice and the encouragement.
I know everyone has bad days/low days. It just seems that she does not have any. And it seems that if she does, he's taking care of them.

But you know what is weird about all of this. I don't think they spend that much time together. And she is so pressed for no one to know, she is really like his whore. I'm sure he just comes over there to do his thing, maybe they go out on Sat. nights, but other than that...

I know she feels guilty because she has stopped going to church.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 10,816
2
Member
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 10,816
solon:

She probably doesn't have bad days... ...yet. But for her 2 really feel badly, she's got 2 have her bubble burst.

Starting with her desire 2 keep the A a secret. Why is it still?

Blow it wide open.

-2long

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
Solon,

Try to focus on yourself. I know how hard that is. However, you really can't know what they are doing or how she's really feeling.

Read those WAT's GUIDELINES, PLEASE.

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 384
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 384
Mimi, I'm trying to find that piece, but I cannot. Where is the thread that you started?

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 10,816
2
Member
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 10,816
solon:

If it's WAT's guidelines you're referring 2 that you can't find, here it is:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=29;t=000940

2dles,
-ol' 2long

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 816
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 816
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 2long:
Blow it wide open.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">indeed.

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 724
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 724
Solon,
Hang in there. Don't give up yet.

My exH's name is still on many of my loan papers, household utilities, etc. He knows he's on there too. These things are symbolic, and I won't remove him even though we've been divorced over a year.

He was even on our home loan papers still, until I refinanced a few months ago.

Keep her on your insurance if you can. Let her know you love her, continue Plan A.

She will soon see the emptiness of her affair, and the emptiness will begin to multiply exponentially with each passing week. The nicer you are to her, the more they'll fight and she'll see the futility of their 'relationship'.

My A with ExOM now seems like a bad dream. I never think of him at all now. It's like a part of me that never existed. It was like being on drugs, the pull it had- but it soured very quickly once it soured.

Someday she most likely will feel that way too. She'll wake up, and see what she's lost. The nicer you are, the more she'll see what she's lost.

Just my take,
HP

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 384
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 384
Thanks HP,

You know I value your take, I value everyone's advice here so much, I really do, but HP was where my wife is now so hearing her take is almost like being in her head.

I am going to send her an email telling her that I will keep her on my insurance because I love her. That will be it, sweet and simple.

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 384
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 384
Um...wait a minute. What if I send her that email and she tells me, "Oh, well if that's the case please take me off. I'm getting my own insurance."

I think that will send me to the psych ward...or the morgue.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
Solon:

Stick with YOUR PLAN. Do not listen to anything she says or consider anything she writes. You have to remain in control of yourself. You are not going to the psycho ward or morgue. You have to take care of yourself to be there when your wife comes back as she probably will. It's important for you to try to remain strong. She will find that attractive.

Even if she is crazy enough now to get her own insurance, which she might be in the fog, you don' have to take her off of yours.

She wants you to LB now in order to justify remaining in the A. You are the one in control, SOLON. She is under the influence of a drug, the A addiction.

Stay Strong! Believe in MARRIAGE!

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 816
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 816
also, i don't recommend sending her an email telling her that you're keeping her on the insurance because you love her.

just demonstrate it by keeping her on your plan; nothing more, nothing less.

telling her about how great you are appears desperate -- like a bad salesperson about to lose the big account. good salespeople never panic in front of the customer nor do they appear desperate.

whether you believe it or not, what you are engaged in is a sales job. people buy because they trust the seller and they buy from people who are confident.

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 384
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 384
I didn't. Thanks for the advice.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0