Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jph Offline OP
OP Offline
J
this is the way I feel about my life. I've wasted 20 years with a man who I consider the most disgusting person who has walked the face of the earth. I'm trapped with him because of health and financial reasons.

He's a drunk, cheat, liar, supports the local prostitution economy instead of having a relationship with his wife a fact which denies yet the evidence is there, and continues playing games. He rarely speaks to his only daughter who is a pure delight. He does business with the county with which we live and they allow him to write their bids in order for him to get the business. That disgusts me. He continually will take his ring off for days at a time. He accuses me of lying and taking "his things." I do neither. He completely ignored our 20th anniversary and says it was because I am a bad person. I learned this just this week and that was 6 months ago.

We go nowhere and do nothing and my sight is so bad that I can't drive at night-so I'm in prison. I was the only one who attended to the burial of his father-he went to Vegas. He was the only child and a "Momma's boy" who didn't leave home until 27. He went to college for 8 years and I've never seen a diploma. Who thows those things away! When we got married, he told me that he was younger than he was, never made a B in school, has his Master's with highest honors and that he played baseball at a major University in our town. Lie, lie, lie. His mother didn't let him drive until he was 18 and told me right after we were married that "sex is sin." He believed it. We've probably had sex 20 times in 20 years. On our honeymoon he refused to speak to me on the 3rd day and didn't again until our trip home on the 7th day. His mother cut his hair until he was 34. This woman lived in filth that no human being could stand. Her mental illness was passed on to her son.

So now you're asking yourself, "Gee her toothbrush fell in the toliet 20 years ago, why is she still there?" I believed his lies up until 5 years ago when his mother died. I found his birth certificate and school records then my eyes were opened. His affair started after her death with a wh*re who is just as his mother was. I dare say she's had more sex than any prostitute he's ever known.

I stayed because of my faith and the vow I made to God. He has used my faith to manipulate me. Since that day I stayed because I needed health insurance and I was dependent upon his finances. (5 surgeries last year alone)

This is a man who attends church each Sunday. He has told so many lies about me at church that I no longer feel comfortable going there. I will not sit with him and I don't want people gossipping about why we aren't sitting together. My dear pastor said that he hasn't given up on him but I have. I physically feel sick when I'm around him.

Did we go to MC? Yes twice. A liar can't be helped as they won't look at the truth.

Why am I posting? I don't know maybe venting this will somehow make me feel better. I know I want your prayers. I feel like I'm stuck with no way out. My toothbrush fell in the toliet.

B
B
Hon, you DESERVE better!

We only have one life to live on this earth and you DESERVE some happiness instead of brushing your teeth with toilet water!

I don't know about the others here, but I don't see much hope of resurrecting this marriage.
It is not the way marriages or life is suppose to be!

Do you have counselors in your area that could advise you of a way out?
How old are you?

If you seperate, you would still have your husband's insurance.
I envision you in a clean little apartment and a job, such as a mini-mart cashier or a library, greeting people all day long.

Make a list of what would make you have more joy in your life.

Right now all you seem to have is 'heartache'.
What you NEED is 'heartease'
Love, Julie

B
B
jph,

I agree with Blessed. You need to be happy in life, if your husband treats you badly and refuses to change, you need to act.

If your husband rarely speaks to his own delightful daughter, then he does not deserve to have the family God gave him. You daughter needs to know she is loved. You staying with someone who treats you like crap is only teaching her the same thing. You want to teach her to try to make things better but to get out when all avenues have been exhausted. Would you like to see your daughter in your position someday?

I have a friend that made some mistakes in her life. Different ones that what you are talking about. But my point is, that I see her daughter doing the same exact thing as her mother, she did not learn from her mothers mistakes she is engaging in the same behavior.

I have daughters too. I don't ever want to see them go through what I have. My husband too would never want his daughters hurt like he hurt me. He would probably rip the guy's throat out.

If you are convinced that your husband will not/can not change then you need to choose to be happy with your daughter. Maybe your health will improve once you have less stress.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation