Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1113571 02/20/04 09:02 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,995
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,995
Should we have WS read SAA book if the are willing to? I don't know if my WH would but if I thought it would help I would certainly try. Is this a no no? Please advise. Thanks.

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,442
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,442
I am no expert, and I hope star checks in here soon with you, or another veteran, but I would say No. I have tried to "educate" my WH, and it is an LB to him. He does not want to be educated, especially by me.

That is my experience, and something that ClearSkies told me when I first posted here. She is a veteran member. I haven't heard from her in a while, but if you look on page 1 of my "Separated and he has emotionally divorced me" thread on Just Found Out, you will see what she said to me.

Now in the future if he asks, you can happily hand it over. But that will not be tomorrow, I can just about guarantee. Educate YOU. Take care of YOU. Let him and the OW try and take care of WH. He is not your concern at this point, unless he initiates or asks. I believe that is what the 180 list says.

You can only make love deposits when you are invited to. If you force, it is an LB. Make any sense? It didn't to me until this week, so if not, it is OK. I think some of this stuff just takes some time to sink in. For our brains to process. It does not seem natural, but it works.

Hugs! Amy


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0