Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
M
M
"I love you, but I'm not IN love with you"

"You ruined something special for me."

"You just can't stand to see me happy"

"Sex could never be as passionate with you as it was with him, it's just not in you"

"We didn't want you to get hurt"

Me: "What made you think this was an okay thing to do?!"
Her: "You weren't supposed to find out"

"Everything is always about you, isn't it?"

"I don't know why I let it happen"

"I told him I would never leave you" (Really, where was I when you told him that? ... OH YEAH! I was at home...right where you LEFT ME!)

"It was just about sex"
then another time
"It wasn't ALL sex, we talked and had fun, too"

Me: BH, 43
Her: FWW, 38
Married: Feb 29, 1996
Children: 2 Boys-11 & 14
EA started: sometime in 2006?
PA started: 08/21/07
D-Day: 10/24/07
No Contact initiated: 10/24/07
OM: My "ex-best friend" of over 20 years.
P
P
what a fun thread! so nice to see these out in the open instead of camouflauged in the fog. here's a few from my neck of the woods:

WH: I've checked out of the marriage. (i guess i hadn't realized before that this was an.. option??)

ME: (after catching my breath) - So where do you see God in all of this?
WH (who was, btw, in leadership at our church at the time): Why do you always have to bring God into things?! - throws his chair to the ground and storms out of the restaurant.

I'm going to Germany this summer. Alone. (???)

I know I'm not doing the right thing. But I really believe I will do the right thing. (when exactly might that be? would be helpful to plan for..)

ok - love this one. (while still at home - before i found out) he stays up really late one night reading ALL my emails!! creepy - but whatever, i didn't have anything to hide. the only thing he finds to get mad about is that i had quoted my counselor as saying that he was 'acting like a teenager'. so his response, after staying up all night to read my private emails? prints out a picture of himself, writes a sarcastic note on it, and tapes it to the mirror for me to find in the morning. ok, does THAT sound like adult, or teenage, behavior?? way to prove her wrong..

oh yes - and that he continually tried to bring me brownies or doughnuts when he showed up for visitation! how does he think in his mind that might be affective..?

BW(me) + XWH - 36
3DS - now 10, 8, 6
Married 10 years
D-Day 10-5-07, lots of Plan B, etc.
Plan D --finalized 2-09

Remarried to wonderful man 1-1-11!
now 3 NEW bonuschildren: DD 4, DS 8&9

... ... ...
GOD IS GOOD.
B
B
Ok how about this,,

I wanted my DD to be with me for a outdoor bar-b-que to memorialize my 24yr old nephew that died.

HE wanted her to go to the lake with Him and his HO.

We are still married - -

WXH - "Bugs, what more do you want from me? YOU cost me My relationship with her!"

Bugs "Wow, that's some great relationship, since you can't be apart for one weekend"

WXH - "Don't YOU preach to ME about relationships!"

Oh, gee, soooo sorry. I really SHOULD be upset that your Adulterous relationship fell apart because you couldn't put your Children ahead of your Ho.? ! ? !

Yes, coming from the EXPERT who thinks Adultery Relationships are OK and should be Respected by the betrayed spouse??

Yeah,,,, Ok!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
M
M
The one that still leaves me scratching my head:

"It wasn't about the sex..."

WT????

Then why did they have sex all the time?

T
T
Hmm let me see ...

WXGF: "I've been wondering for some time if your the right person for me"

WXGF: "I'm done with relationships"

WXGF: "I want to see where this realtionship(one with MM) goes"

WXGF: " I don't even want sex anymore with anyone" (wtf?)

WXGF: "I'm tired of men" (Laff)

BxBF 32 years WxGF 30 years D-Day 9/24/07 Break-up/separation 9/30/07 Plan A 9/30/07-11/7/07 Plan B 11/8/07 A over 12/4/07 NC since 12/16/07
C
C
WH: "I need time to think about our marriage so I have to take my stuff and leave the house, but come whenever I want cause this is my house as well"

WH: "I had the A, just forget about it and move on, its nothing major why can't you just forget about it?". (Yeah, because it didn't happen to you)

WH: "You were going crazy and that was pushing me away from you (yes, I was after he would continue to deny the A and I had solid proof it was still in full swing)

WH: "I need time to heal before I can ask you to return to the house" (Heal from what? From having to decide who to stay with?)

BS(ME)25 WH-29 M-July 2004 D-Day April 15, 2007 DS-10months Things happen for a reason, the hard part is know what the reason is
M
M
wow, I don't feel like I'm the only one who has heard crazy statements from WS.

Here are some of the nonsense I've heard

-we have nothing in common.

-i didn't want you to come back, my mom and aunt did. (first separation 1.5 mos)

-i've been feeling like this for the longest.

-that cell phone is not a necessity!(when I finally went out and bought myself a cellphone)

-I told you to move on, you might find someone nice.

-I'd rather get divorced and get along w/you than be with you and mistreat you b/c I know how I am.

-what do you mean what do I want to do? I'm doing it, being single!

-Well tell the kids they have a little bro or sis on the way. (and I thought he didn't want anymore children! oh like how can i tell that to our 2 year old son and 4 month old daughter?!)

-You're always calling me at a bad time. I'll call you!

-i'll file. (yeah I guess you have the money since your truck note is 4 mos past due and you're driving w/out car insurance!)

-sign the divorce papers uncontested and I'll sign the kids' passport forms.
(where are the divorce papers? been almost 7 mos now and I don't see them...)

-you talk too much! (saying I have a big mouth)

-stop being so [email]d@mn[/email] nosy!

-I'm not using the kids to get what I want!

-I don't have any money. (when asked to help w/the kids)

-The Lord is not going to bless you because you are holding me back from a divorce and keeping me back from what I need to do, you're in the wrong and you rebel.

that's my fav

gosh I have so many more

M
M
oh these too:

-I AM a man of God.

-The affair was a mistake I make them like everyone else.

-You are so dumb, just sign the divorce papers uncontested. We are never going to be together again.

-Just do what I tell you! That's the problem...you don't listen! File for a divorce...you can do more in that state then where I'm at.

this is from the hoodrat

-Your husband told me that everyday God is showing him that he needs to divorce you and marry me.

-i don't have the mind of a 20-year-old..I even tell your husband to call you!

-Your husband gives me all his money. (yeah right)

C
C
My favorite:

This is NOT an integrity issue! (Pounding fist on desk!)

Chrysalis
M
M
Every time this comes up I read it from the start. It's the best laugh I get all week every time.

"We were just getting to know each other" (when asked about the emails with the rather trashy pictures attached - pix I took, BTW) Apparently they were getting to know each other in detail.

Or:

"Sex had nothing to do with it." (Still shaking my head in disbelief)

"We were just encouraging each other because we were both having trouble in our marriages." (I always thought that was an interesting twist on it)

And here's one of my favorites:

"He's had so many affairs in the past his wife just doesn't trust him any more and it makes him sad to think that." (Huh?)

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (bb1471), 703 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation