Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1129647 04/22/04 02:25 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Here we go again another Plan B start, this is officially day one. How am I going to get through after a really bad nights sleep. This is why Plan B is there so you can learn not to think about them and what has been said anymore. My mind was in turmoil last night going over what WH had said to me, how he just did not believe we could go back, I could not get through to him, suppose i couldnt through all that fog. Some of the things he said gave me hope but am I just clinging. I kept thinking of things I should have said but now its too late, no contact right. Anyhow I will be okay today I have to go to work overnight and help deliver babies if they dont come naturally, so that will keep my mind active. I love going to work it really helps and I love my job. I wish I could be there all the time, it is there where I dont think about WH at all or if I do it is a fleeting glimpse. But I have two lovely children and they need me so I have to be home for them. Anyway just thought I would put some of thoughts down so I dont go mad. Thanks for listening

#1129648 04/22/04 08:16 AM
B
B
The NC of Plan B is kinda hard to do at first. But after awhile it gets easier and easier. You just have to keep getting back on that wagon, and as Zizzy says "Put on the seatbelt".

I think you can do this, and it will give you peace and comfort when you get the hang of it.

#1129649 04/22/04 08:31 AM
L
L
We are all here for you. I will soon join you in Plan B team.

I have a question. You said you have two children, who takes care the them while you are at work?

#1129650 04/23/04 09:55 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Believer thanks for your reply I know it will get easier and it takes time. Day 2 of the real Plan B and I am already feeling peace. Still think of WH but not so intensly. No contact whatsoever!!!

LNH my mum takes care of my children whilst I am at work. WH started to but as I would not alloed the children to be around OW WH said it was getting difficult. Guilt probably. Anyhow it is him who is missing out and my mum gains more time with her grandchildren.

#1129651 04/23/04 10:14 AM
M
M
feelingit, for what its worth, your experience last week with your first stab at Plan B gave me hope. I think it scared your H and he wanted reassurance. He was testing you which tells me he has not given up on your marriage. I know you think you screwed up by sleeping with him, but I can't help but think that last moment leaves a very good taste on his brain and might help pull him off the fence.

But I would caution you against breaking Plan B again. Doing it again would undermine your credibility and completely defeat your purpose.

He will know that he can stay in the affair for as long as he wants and continue to have his needs met by you. If you stay strict, he will get an opportunity to really miss you and see for himself that she can't meet all of his needs.

So PLEASE stay strict. It will be hard the first 2 weeks, but after that you will start to feel better than you have in MONTHS as you begin to detach and focus more on your own life. You are doing great!

#1129652 04/23/04 10:21 AM
T
T
Feelingit your more then welcome to jump on the "We're in Plan B and doing fine" thread if you want there's a bunch of support over there.

On another note you'll have up and down days, all caused by little triggers. If you have a bad day come here and vent us other Plan B'ers will help you out, good luck and stay strong in your plan.

#1129653 04/23/04 06:25 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Melody thanks for your support you would of be proud of me today. My D had arranged to see her dad on Saturday (whilst I was at work so did not know anything about it) I had a panic attack because D said WH was coming to visit on Sat and as no contact is to remain I thought of god what am I going to do. He answered and I thought I could drop children off at MIL and WH could see them or take them out from there and I would pick them up later. I got D to phone WH with this suggestion and WH suddenely does not what he is doing on Sat so does not know if he will be able to see S and D. D was very upset and I comforted her and said that WH was probably still upset about losing his dad and needed time on his own etc anything to not make her feel unwanted. I then said text dad and say that you will leave Sat and see him another time. WH then texted her and told her if she changed her mind to call him but he didnt know what he was doing. D did not reply and seems to be okay now. I did not break Plan B and that was only day two. I know I will be okay I am doing great today and I can overcome any obstacles that are thrown my way. Thanks once again

Tinman I shall gadly join your thread. I feel I am ready now. Thanks.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (DaisyTheCat2), 683 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation