Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1133035 05/04/04 10:22 PM
W
Wnatout Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Okay, I am feeling a little uneasy right now. Since spending a night away from WH and receiving his 2 page vent about everything wrong in our M, things have been going very well. This worries me.

Since discovering his EA in March we have twice attempted to restore our M. After about a week each time I discovered he was still having contact and I got angry, did some LBing, and went on the roller coaster of emotion.

This time when we talked H said he would work harder on NC. He has been calling home every evening, something he had quit doing during A. He came home early from work last night. I even awoke in the night to feel his arm around me last night.

I have begun to try to get OW out of my mind. She was constantly there driving me crazy. I am now putting my energy into fixing the things that I think contributed to WH's A.

My problem is the better it goes the more scared I get. I am afraid I will happen upon contact with OW and this will crush me once again. Is this a "normal" feeling(are there any normal feeling in this situation)?

#1133036 05/05/04 12:38 AM
L
L
You sound normal to me.

Take care of what you can control. If there are things about you that you want to fix--and you feel it is good for you--do so.

You can't control him, or her. So, one method is to plan for worst case scenario...what would you do if all the worst happened?

If your plan is to continue to work toward what you can control about your optimal marital outcome, ie, recovery, then do so. No lovebusters, Plan A behavior, until it becomes time for Plan B.

It sounds like your husband is home. Home is better reconciliation/recovery conditions than separated, though if the A continues, a separation may be be down the road.

The OW is a problem, but, she really isn't the root. Your H, and his thoughts, beliefs, and actions should be your focus. The OW may be no more than an attempt to try to fix himself, a kind of self-medication.

#1133037 05/05/04 04:35 AM
R
R
Oh normal normal normal. hurt, you are normal.

In my case, WH's A is over, but I am afraid of future As. I would normally say it's silly to worry and be afraid of something that hasn't happened yet. But I don't want to be reeled over in the rollercoaster again. I might die this time.

#1133038 05/05/04 07:01 AM
B
B
That is a normal feeling. Remember, sometimes there are relapses, but now is your chance to work on yourself and the marriage.

Try to do some fun things together, to start rebuilding happy memories. It is recommended to spend 15 hours a week together doing enjoyable things.

#1133039 05/05/04 07:53 PM
W
Wnatout Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Well, I am fixing delightful dinners. Which my children are very unaccustomed to. They are eating better and things go well. I have no doubt that H has been talking to OW. Should this worry me? Right now I don't want it to. My mind goes crazy when I think of it, so I'd be better off if I didn't. We can't spend 15 hours a week doing things together. We don't even ride to our sons ball practice together. He finds reasons to take the other car. He has been spending a lot of time working on things around the house, but we don't really talk to each other too much. We just are seeming to coexist right now. Is that okay?

#1133040 05/05/04 08:18 PM
M
M
hurt, pretending the affair doesn't exist won't help it end. You really should be confronting him on this and doing everything in your power to end the affair. Has the affair been exposed at their workplace?

And yes, you should feel worried, your H is destroying your marriage and does not have your families best interest at heart right now. You are being destroyed behind your back.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 575 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation