Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1133114 05/05/04 10:05 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Hello,

I have a question for those who discovered renewed contact. Were there particular signs or behaviors or did you just have a "GUT" feeling?

My husband and I have been getting along pretty well. Sunday was a day filled with closeness, talking, lughing and unbelievable SF.

Monday he was slightly withdrawn and Tuesday he was downright ignoring me and would not let me touch him. He left for a business trip this AM and was not even going to tell me where he was going/ details..etc.

I told him that when he behaves in this manner I feel nervous and upset. I also let him know I would feel very hurt to know he has been lying to me. He responded that "If he had a girlfriend he'd be there!" (Nice, huh?)

I wasn't so much worried about renewed contact.
(He had what I think was a brief EA in October 2003-can't be sure though as the OW's identity was never disclosed) I was more worried with him seeming frustrated as one of our big issues was not discussing things that weren't working (for him) in the marriage.

We have been having financial difficulty as our other house has not sold and we are carrying two mortgages. This morning I woke up with the overwhelming urge to snoop.

Does anyone think I have cause to worry or could it just be the financial strain we are under? I also forgot to mention he was bringing up some familiar DDay lines such as:
"You have me until death." (said in a sentenced to death row tone)
"I will keep my promise to you due to my marital obligation." (said in like tone)UGHH!

Look forward to your responses.
WWP

H
H
Go with your gut feeling if its strong enough.

If a gut feeling is really strong, I call the feeling an instinct.

I only had about 4 or 5 really strong instincts in my life.

I had one when I met the OW about seven years ago. I knew she was trying to get into my H's family life. My Husband's family has money, we don't, she will soon find that out, my H is up to ears in debt. My in-laws told me she will never be part of the family or any family fuction.

Anyway, I even said something to my H, and even remembers me saying it a few years back that there is something about her I don't trust. Even though the A started last October, she has been trying to get our lives and in-laws lives for years.

She was even marry to wonderful guy, who filed for divorced when he found out about the A. The point is, I wish I had trusted my instinct a little more, I guess I felt she was married and she wouldn't go after my H. Boy, was I wrong.

If your instinct is strong, Believe in it. I believe women are born with instincts. It is our way of protecting our family.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 1,215 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation