Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Well, WW came by today to start taking more of her things and for us to split the rest up fairly. I was cool with her and somewhat friendly. Bit my tongue a lot by not saying certain things. I just acted like I didn't really care what was happening. Didn't mention one word about reconciling or what she did. She acted ok. Somewhat cold but smiled a few times. I don't know, I think it's over for now at least. I feel weird after seeing her. Kind of like I would be better off not seeing her ever. Kind of like I don't really like her. She is being pretty "fair" about everything I guess as far as the stuff goes. She has to get a storage unit for her furniture. Man, she really is willing to go thru a lot of trouble to get away from me. Oh yeah, I did say one thing that may have been a LB. She was talking about her schooling and said that she would call me to celebrate when she is done (several years away). I said don't call because we won't know eachother anymore. She seemed surprized, but it's like HELLO! DIVORCE! THIS IS IT! REALLY! I can't believe that she expects me to still be her friend after all this. She doesn't deserve my friendship as far as I am concerned.

B
B
Did I miss something? Did she say she was filing for the big D Monday?

J
OP Offline
J
Yep. She is.

B
B
So what was your response?

B
B
Hey Juke...go back and read your other thread again. As believer said in there in so many words, take what they say with a grain of salt. Time may change that perspective. I think ....correct me if I'm wrong someone, it was SpiderSlayer's husband that was 2 weeks away from a D when he came to his senses.

Act on what they do not what they say.

Having said that, legal advice is prudent to educate yourself. I have to go back and read your thread again regarding what exposure if any you have undertaken.

E
E
HELLO! DIVORCE! THIS IS IT! REALLY! I can't believe that she expects me to still be her friend after all this. She doesn't deserve my friendship as far as I am concerned.

You are right, but she has no idea of reality at the moment, no concept of how hurtful her A and betrayal has been and I would suspect that her understanding of how relationships work (friendship included) is a bit screwed up right now.

It seems really early to be talking about divorce; you do need to be clued up on your rights however difficult this may seem. If she is talking divorce, get your own legal advice.

If only divorces were so easy to obtain where I am in the world!!

J
OP Offline
J
I am not going to do anything to stop the divorce. When she told me I was just like ok. Like I was indiferent. It won't be final for 72 days anyway. Within that time she could change. If she is going to file I would rather have her do it sooner than later anyway. I am not going to beg and plead anymore. It is her choice.

E
E
72 days!!!

For me, its 730 days. Counting from when one party leaves the other. Then after filing, it's another 30 days.

I am not going to do anything to stop the divorce. When she told me I was just like ok. Like I was indiferent.

Be indifferent about this. Someone around here used to say "believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see".

Be concerned about your own well being.

J
OP Offline
J
In Arizona they have made divorce easy as pie. Probably why our divorce rate is soo high.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 438 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation