Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1149938 06/22/04 04:07 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 1
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 1
My husband and I have been married for 11 years. We have 3 wonderful children 9, 3, and 2 months old. We are Christians and he is in Bible College.

At the hospital after the birth of our 3rd, which was 2 mo. ago, I found out that my best friend was 'on the verge' of having an affair with my cousin. Thank goodness my cousin is a very moral person, and it never became physical. My best friend persued cousin, her husband found out and stopped it.

My best friend has been married for 14 years, and before marriage was very permiscuous. She and her family are now Christians also.

In the course of discussing this "almost" affair between best friend and cousin, my husband tells me that 2 months before our baby was born, he was having thoughts of what it would be like to have a relationship with my best friend, but dealt with his thoughts (which lasted for a few days) and it never turned into anything.

Well this crushed me, that he was having these thoughts, but I respect him at the same time for telling me. We have talked about this issue numerous times, and I have NO reason to believe that anything happened. However, our girls are friends and we go to church with them.

The thought of them together makes me want to throw up, and I can hardly be around her, even though she knows nothing of this. (I will add that she has in the past stolen boyfriends from me and had sex with 'boys' that I liked. --- I would never compete with her flair with the boys because I was 'one of the good girls'.

I know it is normal to be attracted to others, besides our spouse, and I even have. But it's just a 'thought' and it passes----that is if you dont put your thoughts into action.

However, this is eating me alive. I totally trust my husband, and love him very much. We are truly best friends and our sex life is awesome. Like i said before, the thought, that he would have the thought of being with my best friend makes me SICK! How do I get over this!

On a positive note, my friend and her husband are working out their problems, and my husband and I have hardly any interaction with them other than seeing them at church.

Thanks for listening......I don't feel I can reveal this to any one we know. I am hoping to get reassurance! Thanks again!

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,247
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,247
I think it is in his favor that he was honest with his feelings. He is letting you know that he is vulnerable to infidelity before it happens. I think you should take this as a warning and do the EN survey. Also read about the lovebusters. I think a lot of people wish they could have had a warning before they experienced infidelity. Good Luck!

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
I don't think you have to worry. Your H told you the truth. It is very normal to be attracted to someone of the opposite sex, but we need to run the other way and not act on our feelings.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0