Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 340
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 340
Yesterday was my anniversary, fourteen years together, how did he celebrate by cleaning out our joint account? I know he is in a fog, but he should know right from wrong.

I didn't receive a call or anything, in a way I'm glad because I have such anger in me now. I just want to cuss him out.

I'm in Plan B-boy when I saw a zero balance on our online statement, I almost picked up that phone.

I don't like the angry feeling. I feel like I want him to hurt as much as I'm hurting. I want him to feel pain like I'm feeling. I don't want to be angry, because I feel like my WH and OW are controlling my feelings. I feel he wants me to hate him, so it will be easier on him, in some odd way.

Now I want to tell everyone what awful things my WH as done to me. I know anger can destroy you, so I hope this passes soon.

Is this another stage of feelings one goes through?

I still love him but I feel like I deserve better, I want to do things for me now. I do want to fight for our marriage, but I'm not going to play games, or malipulated like the OW. If he comes back it is because he loves me, not because he thinks he loves me.

I can't imagine loving another person, my WH still has my heart. It has been only seven months since d-day and four months he left.

As I said in an earlier post, I feel like an injured bird, but I will fly again, but this time even higher than before. I just need to heal. God will give me the strength.

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,173
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,173
The anger is a normal emotion, and can be somewhat helpful. BUT - the thing that concerns me is the fact that he was able to clean out the joint account!!! That is not acceptable!
Fighting for your marriage does not mean that you have to lay down and allow your self to be taken advantge of.
You need to protect yourself. You do not have any obligation to your H or is OW to help support their lifestyle. In fact, if they have to struggle financially, that will bust their bubble in a hurry. In my opinion - financial strains is one of the biggest A busters..
How are you able to pay your bills?
Is he able to charge on your joint credit cards still?
You need to protect yourself.
And it is not enough to have just enough money to get by - you need to have enough to treat yourself occasionally too.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 340
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 340
We have separate credit cards and saving accounts. this is the only account we had together. I'm figuring if it ever came down to a D---him cleaning out the account will not look good. He actually transfer the money into his personal account. I have all the info, made copies.

That is why I didn't touch the account during the separation. I know he is suffering financially, which I don't mind, I want him and OW to suffer, maybe it will make the fantasy a reality. Plus the OW likes the good life, the reason she got involved with my H is because his family has money. She even though she has my in-laws caught up in her evil web, taking my MIL shopping, going to dinner with them, she was even trying to plan my SIL baby shower, when everything was exposed. The OW husband left her as soon as he found out and my WH was forced to tell me. He wasn't going to tell me, he wanted to live a double life, but the OW wanted him for herself.

BTW, my MIL hate liars, and she was caught in many of them including trying to discredit me. It backfired on her. My in-laws told me she will never be part of the family.

I just don't like being angry, it controls you. I like to be able to control my feelings, but lately I cry with just hearing a song or remembering a moment from the past. In fact I was shopping and walking through the men's dept. and I just wanted to cry. I miss shopping for him, but I went and bought something for me instead.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0