Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 680
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 680
Well Thursday evening we had our 3rd MC session. This time when the MC asked how everything was going I answered not so good. I told her my husband still wants to leave and is still calling the OW sometimes. The other MC sessions she seemed to focus on other things but this time she did focus on this issue more.

She asked my WH if he was going to continue doing this. She also told him the relationship he has with OW is to threatening for our marriage and for me to handle. She gave some really good advice and we really got down to why he felt the need to turn to another person outside our marriage. She had me look at him infront of her and ask him to stop all contact with OW. He said he would try and I believe this time he truly means it. He also told her he didn't really want out of the marriage that he was just upset with me and frustrated at the time and said those things.

My homework this week is to think of a way for him to make up for the hurt he has caused me. I told her I don't want him to makeup for anything. All I want from him is to try in this marriage and no contact. Any ideas of what I could say tonight in our next session about ways he could make it up to me.

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 10,060
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 10,060
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by SadMarylandLady:
<strong>My homework this week is to think of a way for him to make up for the hurt he has caused me. I told her I don't want him to makeup for anything.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't think that was a very good homework assignment, but your response was terrific! No one can change the past - but you both can ensure a better future.

I recommend you request he write a no contact letter for your approval and allow you to send it. Then, he needs to stick by it and continue counseling with you! Also, ask him to participate with you in establishing POJA - a Policy of Joint Agreement, and Radical Honesty.

If you two keep trying, you'll more than make it up to each other.

WAT

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,747
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,747
Hey there SML !!

I'm so glad that you feel a little better.
I'm still not so sure of your MC, but you are SO smart to take the advice you're given and tailor it to best suit your needs. Good for YOU !!

I'm so glad that things are progressing this way. Like WAT said, you answered so perfectly in regards to your howework assignment.

Hang in there !!!!

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,042
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,042
SML - I'm so glad to hear you are doing well, I've been thinking about you this week and wondering. When the counselor says to you to think of ways WH can make it up to you, I think this also means ways he can make you happy going forward. For example, if you always wanted him to take walks with you after dinner and he never did it, by doing this he is making up to you and fulfilling one of your needs going forward.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 680
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 680
Thanks for the advice. I agree Kloe I think she wants me to think of something special to do to show he cares and is willing to work on this marriage. I told her last week I feel like he doesn't care and stuff.

One thing is I have learned so much about myself from going. I really didn't realize some of the things that I was doing that really made our marriage like it is. I know I didn't make him turn to someone else but I know some of the things that happened made her seem more attractive to him.

What really bothers me right now is that he doesn't really want SF. I have backed off from it since the last MC session and I don't say anything about it anymore. I don't know if this is a form of withdrawl or what. Just seems like he is never in the mood anymore all of a sudden.

Next week is our 3rd anniversary. I am not sure if we will do anything or not. We may just go out to dinner or something. My husband doesn't have anymore days he can take off work to go anywhere. This weekend I am riding along with him to Chicago so he can help his cousin move. It's a 12 hour drive from here. I guess it won't hurt riding that long and being 6 months pregnant. I will have to call the doc I guess.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 200 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0