I also withdrew from intimacy for a few months.
I would even sleep outside in a sleeping bag,, just the thought of sleeping in the same house tore me up much less the same bed.
My wife was trying everything she could to make love to me. I kept rejecting. I treated her like she was dirty, damaged goods. I felt it would never be the same. One time I even stopped right in the heat of the moment and ran out to my brothers house just to get away.
Everytime I rejected my wife I damaged her resolve in me. She wanted me so bad. It is simply impossible for me to make love to my wife while thinking that not long ago another man was looking at her, touching her, kissing her body, it brought all of the nasty visions to the surface.
Someone who really helped me with good logical advice was NCWALKER on this forum.
He tried to show me how all of these feelings are physical and not emotional. I had to let my love for my wife overpower my physical thoughts.
So what if another man was in my hen house... does that make her damaged for life. I was not her only Sexual experience before we married. My wife was waking up every day and trying to get me to see she was not damaged.
After reading NCwalkers reply it hit home,, I was destroying my marriage over the physical factors of my wifes affair.
I started to look at sex with my wife in a loving emotional experience instead of a physical task.
The feeling was so strong it simply erased the visions of OM,, all I could think about was me and my wife.
When I finally got to that point I made love to my wife with all of my emotions it was incredible I made love to her from my heart,, we both cried the emotions were so strong.
Since that day I have never rejected my wifes advances,, in fact I am making advances to her.
You can make love to your WH he is not disgusting. You have to let all of your love for him out. ITS ALL PHYSICAL. Tons of love deposits occur during sex. It will help both of you fill your love banks. Have sex and have sex often.