Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,069
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,069 |
Jeez ...
The husband, Marty, had contact with OW and lied (by omission) to his wife about it. His wife had no idea but Dr. Phil knew, hence another D-Day right on TV, with the kids sitting right there.
I felt her gut wrenching pain watching this. And I can't help but think how private something like this is.
How do you all feel about this being shown on TV? It's one thing to tell your story (past tense), but she and the kids were blind sided. I have mixed feelings about it.
Lv, Jo
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,442
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,442 |
Not only all of what you said, but I think Marty was lying through his teeth! That look on his face was the same my FWH gave me the night in our garage when he lied to direct questions.
I think Marty lied to Dr. Phil! I think he DID have inappropriate behavior. His quick denial, then his tortured silence . . .
My friend and I were talking about the kids being there today. I think the parents already involved them before Dr. Phil to such an extent, with the fighting, that they needed to hear what was going on. The oldest daughter has had a baby! It's not like they are innocent to the ways of sex out of M. BUT, they are kids. Tough call.
And I couldn't imagine going through all that on national TV, then living in that town and shopping at the store and stuff. Ug. BUT, they signed up for it . . . another tough call.
I am interested to see if Marty told all today. That would be a double-whammy. To be called on it directly, given the opportunity to fess up, then denying AGAIN. Grrrrrrr. . . not easy on national TV, I'm sure.
SS <small>[ August 05, 2004, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Spider Slayer ]</small>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 445
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 445 |
These are reruns. I saw the family go thru the entire season with Dr. Phil. It was very difficult to watch but he really helped them a lot. Marty does need to learn to handle his reaction to being caught in lack of radical honesty. He does improve thru the series and the ending is well worth getting to.
Hope they do a follow up on the family in the future.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,069
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,069 |
I saw the same, SS.
That's so wierd you say that, the look on Marty's face was the same I saw in my then-WH's face in OUR GARAGE also ... when he sweetly looked me in the eyes and blatantly lied to me.
I think Marty has a back-up plan, just like his wife suspects, and he's trying to hang onto OW in case his wife files.
I'm wondering if the OW knows Marty and his family are on the Dr. Phil show and airing his affairs.
And if she is, gawd .. what an unconsionable preditor.
Jo <small>[ August 05, 2004, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Resilient ]</small>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,069
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,069 |
Didn't know these were re-runs.
I'm happy to hear that Marty learns, and that things get better for this family. Marty seems so cold, typical FOG.
Jo
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
192
guests, and
35
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|