Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1 |
I am recently married. I feel that I have made a mistake in marrying him. We are almost complete opposites. I know they say opposites attract and believe me they do, but now I am completely lonely. I love people and just being around others and he is more reserved and keeps to himself. I knew all of this before I got married but I wanted to think that I could handle it. I haven't been very happy for awhile and about two weeks before the wedding my mother sat me down and asked if I was sure I wanted to do this. I wanted to say no, but since we have been together so long I felt like I would be letting a lot of people down if I didn't marry him. People tell me all the time what a blessing I have been for him and that they are so happy that husband found someone like me to spend his life with. Noone ever tells me anything like that about him. Most of the time they ask why I am with him. I am not sure now.
I didn't think that I would ever find someone who met all of my needs. I actually settled for the fact that no one like that existed. I have a lot of guy friends and always have and none seemed to complete me in the way that would be a satisfying relationship. So I settled for my husband.
Now I have met someone and I feel like he and I were specifically made for each other. He is everything that I was always looking for. He is single. I am married. I know that the relationship that I have with this friend is not going to help me out with my marriage. But for once in a very long time I feel absolutely wonderful. My friends say that I "glow". I don't know what to do. My parents are divorced and I told myself I never wanted to be, but I am thinking that it might be the best thing since we are still young and have no children. Please help. <small>[ August 27, 2004, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: confused10 ]</small>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,747
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,747 |
How recently were you married ? How old are you and your husband ? Why would you "settle" for someone, doesn't your husband deserve to be loved deeply ?
It seems at one point it mattered what people said...for that was the reason you stated for marrying your husband in the first place : </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> I felt like I would be letting a lot of people down if I didn't marry him. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What do you think they'd say about an A ?
What ARE your emotional needs ? How is your husband not meeting them ? Does he even know what they are ? What are his most important emotional needs ? Are you meeting them ?
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
192
guests, and
35
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|