Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I gave WH Plan B letter on Thursday--he leaves for an overseas trip on Tuesday. On Tuesday, I go dark. I told him we should make arrangements for him to move his things when he returned. He told me he would call me on that--I said no, we need to arrange now because I will not be in contact with you. He said, "Did I miss something in the letter?" Although he read it, he did not pay attention to it. He then said, "don't you want me to call you when I am overseas to let you know I am okay?" I said, "I want you to call me if you are willing to meet the conditions in the letter."

The last few days, he has been extra nice to me--trying to sweet talk me out of it. He has invited me to be with him, took me to lunch and brought me things. He consented to one MC session when he returns. I sat and thought about it and it is just not enough of a commitment. The issues are:

1) He has no means of financial support. He keeps asking me when I will settle the money--it is all in my name and I did not give him an answer. He threatens to get legal advise when he returns--I have already sought legal advise and I'll have a two week jump on him while he is overseas. I made enough so he could retire at 55--maybe he can get a job like everyone else.

2) When I ask him if he is willing to NC with OW and prove, he answered by saying OW is moving to Germany for a year. He did not say he is willing to NC and proof. That answer is not good enough.

3) He is looking for an easy way out--by thinking that that I am having an A. He thinks I am "sneeky." I told him, "I would not have an A because that would be a cruel and selfish thing to do." When he takes trips, I ask to go and he does not allow me to go. So I take trips by myself so I don't have to sit at home.

He use to sit in his car up the street and talk with OW on his cell. So when I talk about him to my sister about him, I sit in my car up the street and he has "caught" me. He thinks I am having an A because he is projecting his behavior on me. He says my sneeky behavior confirms his suspicions--I tell him he has a guilty conscience.

I don't think that one MC session is equal to all the things I have outlined in the letter. Today I told him that I loved him and think we can have a happy M, and I recognized that the MC was a big step, but not enough of a commitment. He said, "So what do I do?" I said, "You make plans to move out when you return."

I don't want to spoil any chance at recovery, but I think his offer falls short. It will be easier for me to go dark when he is overseas as I have no way to contact him. He says he will probably miss me and wants to speak with me, but I don't feel like being "cake."

I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks for your support, MB'ers.

<small>[ August 30, 2004, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: SureSurvivor ]</small>

L
L
Hi SureSurvivor,
I thought about you this weekend and wondered how Plan B was going? I haven't made the big leap to Plan B yet, but I know it's in my near future.

It sounds like your WH is getting worried that you might actually go through with this Plan B thing you wrote about. He is trying to stop or postpone it by offering what he feels are great concessions.

As I understand the plan, he gets Plan B'd until every criteria box has been checked on the Plan B letter. He ain't there yet!

Stay strong & composed. Remember, you are NOT available during Plan B. Get busy doing whatever it is you enjoy. Hang out w/ your friends & go do stuff. Do anything but wait at home for him to snap out of it.

I'm jealous that you're stronger than I am and have gone to Plan B. I'm working up my courage & I am starting to be less and less available. I don't always "hear" my cell phone until he's called at least 3 times. It makes him crazy!

Keep in touch & good luck.

L&A

S
OP Offline
S
Hi L&A,

Thanks for your posting and feedback. Today WH leaves for overseas. He has been very quiet and sad. He wanted to have time by himself and runaway--he finally has it and he is not happy.

I am glad that I did it before trip so this parting only took a few days. I realize that going to Plan B was a shock to him because he thought he could cake eat forever.

I am trying to not be so harsh in my thinking. If he is ready to come back, I want to have the positive outlook and energy to work on recovery. I am glad I stayed in Plan A for a long time, but it has it's costs. I think if I get a break, I can try and put some bad feelings behind me. I have alot of anger and resentment to work through. If I stayed any longer, it would have continued to drain me. Plus, I was LBing him by confronting him on his lying. As you consider your options, I hope you will gain strength and leave enough love for recovery.

I told him that I realized this is really hard for us and he said yes it is. In our talks in the past few days, he has "poked" his head way out of the fog. He keeps asking if he can leave me messages when he is overseas. We were watching a tv commercial about a plane crash. He said to me, if that happens to me, "I'm sorry." I think that is about as close to an apology I will ever get and it was meaningful.

I have alot of activities planned for myself. Printed out a calendar and tried to fill in something for each of the days...plus I have lots of other ideas. I am going to go away for a few days next weekend for some R&R. The work burnout and working on the M has me needing change of scenery. I think the break will also may me to work through some hard feelings.

I hope you are doing well this week. Please take care of you and gather your strength as you consider your options.

May God bring us peace and guidance during these times.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 663 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation