Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1193462 10/05/04 09:09 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,119
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,119
I don't want to have to wonder if the man I am with is sleeping with someone else.

I don't want to have to wonder if he is lying.

I don't want to not know where he is or who he is with.

I don't want to be sworn at, spit on, pushed around, be spoken to rudely, ignored, belittled, hung up on.

I don't want crumbs.


I care about him, and it makes me sad to see him getting in the way of his own happiness, but I would not choose this man for a life partner, to live with , or to be the father of my children.

One day he soon he is going to discover that he has thrown away the only good things in his life.

When that day comes I think I will send him here to GQ. And you all can explain to him what a husband is, ok?

Shul

#1193463 10/05/04 09:38 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,709
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,709
yesterday i thought that if H were to come back one day, what would i do and how will i ever know if i could trust him. well if that did happen i would make him take a polygraph and make an agreement that anytime that i thought he was lying to me that he would have to take another one. maybe it's kind of silly but really if they can't keep the promise to forsake all others and to death do us part then everything else is pretty meaningless. how can you trust someone who has proven themself over and over that they are untrustworthy? that's why a polygraph is the only way for me.

prayers to you shul, RR

#1193464 10/05/04 09:36 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 410
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 410
Great post Shul...I couldn't have said it better...and there will come a day when they realize they threw everything that was good about their lives away...

#1193465 10/05/04 11:04 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 5,906
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 5,906
shul

I wouldn't accept the deadbeat dad that he chooses to be to his young-girl daughter...

period....

until that 'man' does right by her...
nothing in his universe will be right.
it can't be....

and it is his choice..inspite of all the crappy things that seems to justify his behavior

I don't even understand how one even cares for such a "man" that chooses such pain and suffering onto his own child...

I tell you this all the time...
till he does right by her...the should be no you...

and i doubt this shul as well...
One day he soon he is going to discover that he has thrown away the only good things in his life.

cause you condone his treatment of her....

the only way to even begin to fix this..is to hold him 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000%
accountable...to her....until he does...
he should be dead to you....

anything else is futile....

ARK

#1193466 10/05/04 11:11 AM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
shul -

I agree with Ark. My husband is dead to me. I don't want all of the same things that you don't want, and now I don't have them in my life.

You have to get to the point where you realize that you deserve so much more than he is willing to give.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0