Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 479
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 479
***Edited post***

Wife emails me this "What can I say, I’m just proving I’m as big of a loser as everyone thinks I am."

I need to learn to handle these on my own, only way I'll ever grow but I could use some help on the response.

<small>[ November 11, 2004, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Bear04 ]</small>

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 479
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 479
You know what, I can't believe I even posted this topic. Proof of how insecure this once proud man has become. I don't even know what to say to my W. At least this group understands me.

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 781
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 781
Bear,

Is the question whether you should help her pay this bill or not?

Your ultimate goal is to get her to move back home and to rebuild the marriage. Yo uhave to decide, I guess, whether paying this bill will move you closer to that.

Will it be seen by her a sign of love, ala Plan A, or will it be seen as a sign that she can manipulate you?

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 479
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 479
Well, I deleted the post, but, to answer your question. No, I am not going to pay that bill for her. I should have been more specific. it was the last line about her pity party saying that she guess's she is as big of a loser as everyone thinks she is.

Here is my reply to her calling herself a loser.

"Late fee stinks but won't be on you credit unless it is over 30 days late. You are not a loser. You are my wife and the woman I love. I do not want to read or hear talk like that again. If you would like we could talk about this."

What do you think?

<small>[ November 11, 2004, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Bear04 ]</small>

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 479
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 479
Uh oh, did I screw up by telling her ILY? That is one of those "12 Ugly things..." and something I told myself I was going to stay away from doing because i think it makes me look needy and when I said it in the past, she would get p*ssed and throw it back at me. This can just get so confusing.

I saw her statement as a cry for me to reach out and lift up her self esteem. What was I supposed to say, "No, you are not a loser, you are just acting like one." or "Yes you are a loser."


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0