Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2
posted November 13, 2004 02:19 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just need some impartial opinions re: my home situation. I'm afraid this may be long. I've been married 8 years, 2nd marriage for both of us. My husbands 27 year old son, girlfriend & 2 children lived 1500 miles away in another state. One and a half years ago they decided to move to our state for better job opportunities. I was not consulted about this but was thrilled that my husband would have his only son nearby & also to have these children in our life. I happily paid the $400 grocery bill plus extras for the kids. (beds, linens etc.) My husband built an apartment over the garage with the expectation they would pay something for rent. Electricity, cable & gas are all tied into ours. After 6 months they had not offered a penney my husband got together with them & agreed upon an amount to pay weekly $150. Both had & still have jobs.
My husband signed a loan for a truck for his son (who had no credit) & that payment was included in the weekly $150 they agreed upon. There are just so many issues here but the bottom line is they will occasionally give $50 for the truck payment & that is it. My husband will not enforce their agreement stating he will not kick them out in the street. He gets defensive when I want to discuss it, I'm the b--- & the adult kids & I do not speak. I believe everyone needs to pay their way in this life. (By the way, they have also had their 3rd child recently.) I am thinking about leaving, my BP is up & I am growing to dislike them because they just do not care whether they disrupt our lives & marriage & I am beginning to think my husband feels the same. Am I wrong? Thanks for any advice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,166
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,166
Why don't you read "His Needs, Her Needs for Parents", and use that as a springboard to resolve yoru differences? It can be done.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0