Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
dmb1967 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
W and i have an appointment for MC on dec.7. i have no idea what to expect,nor how to proceed. ever cence the W agreed to MC she has been distant some days alright (not the best)and some days looking for a fight,on the day she was trying to fight it was at the begining of her time of the month. sorry ladys but i belive that along with ithink depression,withdrals and possibly selfhatred she is now starting to deal with pms,i've noticed for about the last 3 or 4 months her beeing super sensitive and ready to start in on me.

thanks to all. this is a wonderful place.
i thank god every time i get help hear.
i thank you all
dmb 1967

D
dmb1967 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
bump

M
M
Well, for us the first session the Dr. asked what it was we were there for. We gave him the rundown of what has been the problem in our M from the start and also the EA my WW was/is involved in. We were able to get a few things off our chests in a "safe environment" and then it was over. He had us set up individual counseling sessions to get some background info on both of us and then after we each went once alone we went back together.

Good luck, I hope it helps.

MIF?

N
N
My experience is pretty much the same as MIF's. The first is the "problem" and then some background. After our first we have been doing IC. With a one or two joint sessions. The MC's big thing has been reducing the stress for WW so that she can feel "safe" staying home.

My almost two months (not much) experience of MC/IC is basically your going to be taking care of WW needs while yours kind of sit on the back burner. Yes he has tried to get me to express my hurt and pain to him but still I feel like we're all focusing on make my WW feel "safe". Bunch of crap!!!

D
dmb1967 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
MIF?,native00, thanks for the replys. it does help quite a bit,i have no clue what to expet.
sorry it took so long to respond hadent been on the net seence yesterday morn.

thanks again,dmb

D
dmb1967 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
bump

H
H
We go for our first session on the 7th too. I really hope it can help both of us.

I know my fww is dealing with withdrawal from the OM and horrible guilt.

I am dealing with resentment for her actions and the general feeling that my whole world has crumbled...

I wish I could tell you what to expect, but I have no idea what to expect myself...anything has to help, life is a living hell a lot of the time now.

D
D
The one thing I have to say about it is make sure the MC is pro-marriage. The problem I had is the one time my WH agreed to go to MC the counseler said 'well if you want a divorce then I am not sure if there is anything I can help you with'. Exactly NOT what I wanted to hear. Good Luck.
Danielle

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 363 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation