Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1252929 01/09/05 01:29 AM
S
OP Offline
S
are there any recovering sex addicts here?

what's your story? how long have you been recovering? what's helping? what's your present situation?

M
M
Hi, My H is a recovering sex addict from many many years ago. I don't want to post too much on this site but you can email me at blond836@hotmail.com..... H has been faithful in deed for about 27 years. If you have any questions maybe I can help you. Maxlo

T
TA Offline
T
What is considered a Sex addict?

X
X
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Kasey1:
<strong> are there any recovering sex addicts here?

what's your story? how long have you been recovering? what's helping? what's your present situation? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've told my story in several posts previously. Here is one: XScoundrel on Sex Addiction There's also another post by me on it on the previous page in that post.

I've been in recovery virtually since my D-Day about 3 and 1/2 years ago. What helps? Meetings help immensely. NO ONE recovers alone. As I heard recently in a meeting: "you can't fix your sick thinking with your own sick thinking." Having a sponsor and making lots of phone calls helps immensely. Again, we don't recover alone. Asking for help is the ego-deflation an addict needs and having a sponsor is someone who has covered this terrain already. Working the steps is essential. This is where the addict really gets to work and the personal side of recovery really gets going.

My present situation? Also covered in other posts but in a nutshell, my BW has filed for divorce as she cannot overcome the tormenting thoughts of my acting out years ago. Obviously we had some problems in our marriage before I strayed and these factor in too. I read in Patrick Carnes (probably the best author you can get on Sex Addiction) that VERY few couples make it where BOTH spouses aren't in recovery. My wife has declined recovery because 'this is all your problem.' While that is true, it is also true that there is a dynamic in our relationship that she contributes to as much as me which is sick and needs healing. While one spouse is powerless over whether the other gets into recovery or not, it is MUCH better if both do (there are groups for spouses of sex addicts too).

If I can help with any other info, just let me know. Ask ANY question and I will try to answer. God's blessings to you.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 1,215 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation