AD - Sorry for the misunderstanding - I need to read more carefully. I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. I'm not defending the guy's actions or motivations because at this point, we really don't know the truth of the matter. Like jante said....he has been charged, but he is innocent until proven guilty...

Bob - I agree with you...I shouldn't send a card unless I am totally clear about what I want to say....

I've really appreciated the honesty of all of your responses.....the day I discovered H's e-mails to OW2, H and I ended up in a struggle in our kitchen, and I ended up punching him....NOT like me! I never confronted either OW in person...only my H.

But like Bob said - the hurt and sadness of what a betrayed party suffers can drive you to think along lines you wouldn't dream you could...

I appreciate all your responses...I feel better about the way I am thinking about it...I think people who have suffered the pain of infidelity can understand a little better...like you said, Bob, in your previous life, you were very judgemental about people who resorted to suicide...but now that you have been through the pain of an affair, you can empathize with the depth of pain a person must be feeling....

....obviously, I don't condone murder....I'm not saying that...I'm not saying I sympathize with him either...but I can still feel for him as a human being and be concerned about him....I don't think its wrong to feel concerned about him....

I know that in the past three years, I turned to God to help me through our crisis, and it was only through this that I started to read Scripture and make time to pray every day...so the bad times became the catalyst for discovering a new depth to my faith....and it has intrigued me that in some of the Gospels, Jesus says that the only reason acceptable for divorce is infidelity...that seems to be an acknowledgement that infidelity is a wound to the sacrament of marriage which is so great that it can, in some cases, justify separation.
"Matt 5:21: you have heard that it was said long ago 'Do not murder' and anyone who murders will be subject to judgement'. But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgement...." He seems to be saying that anger and the carrying of grudges against others is as great a sin as murder, because anger and the carrying of grudges are the emotions which lead to further acts of violence and the cause of unhappiness and suffering in the world. That's how I interpret that, anyway...

You've given me some good points to think about. Thank you all very much. I have to go to bed now...its pretty late over here...

Prayers to you all.

LIR

<small>[ January 09, 2005, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Lady_In_Red ]</small>