Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 55
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 55
I posted this in Emotional Needs too, but thought I would post it here as well.

About a month or so ago, my fiance and I split up. Things just weren't going all that well, and to be honest, he wasn't meeting the needs I considered most important. I had talked to him about this before, and even though he said that things would change, they never did. I was feeling very lonely in the relationship, and didn't feel like it was going anywhere, so I broke it off with him. I started talking to someone new about a week later. This guy was really sweet and caring, and we seemed to have a lot in common. Well after talking to this guy for a couple of days, my fiance told me that he felt like the reason I split up with him was because he thought I met someone else. I told him that I didn't split up with him for that, but now I had met someone else. I explained to him how very important it is for my needs to be met and that I didn't think he either wanted to meet them or wasn't capable. I told him that I was very distraught over my dream of us being together forever not coming true, because all I really ever wanted was to be with him and him meet my emotional needs. Well me telling him that I didn't think he could meet my needs sparked a fire under his butt. He came over and we talked about everything and I told him everything that I thought I would never tell him. I also broke all forms of communication with the new guy I had been talking to so we could give "us" another shot. Well last night, he flat out accused me of still talking to this other guy. He says that he thinks that because there have been a lot of wrong number calls to my house, that it is the OM calling me. I haven't talked to him since I broke things off with him. I told him that I promised him a month ago that I was breaking things off and that I wanted more than anything for us to work. He doesn't believe me and I don't know how to prove it to him that I haven't done a thing to jeopardize us. HELP!!!!!

HurtingInTX

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 4
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 4
If you aren't cheating and he has a trust issue than he isn't the man for you. Who wants to marry a man they can't trust. Also have you gave him any reasons to believe you were cheating??? If not you can do better. Don't settle for less and a man with a trust issue is settling.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 55
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 55
I guess he considers me talking to someone while we were broke up as cheating. Another thing too is 2 years ago he cheated on me, and I left him for a year because of it. Now the roles are reversed, but I NEVER cheated. I was only talking to a guy. We never went out, or anything. Our relationship (if that is what you even want to call it) was limited to the phone. We just chit chatted about music, movies, told jokes, and just got to know each other's interest. This lasted a whole 3 days, then I talked to my fiance about everything when he confronted me and broke it off completely with the other guy. I really think that he is going to prolong all of this after what he went through when he cheated on me. Honestly, I think this issue is what is going to end us for good even though I am not doing anything wrong. I just don't know anymore. All I know is that I love him so very, very much and I want us to work out.

HurtingInTX


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0