Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1263704 01/18/05 12:46 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,253
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,253
Okay, after a couple of days flat on my back, I decided to really do Plan A. I haven't LB-ed. Set a few limits but nothing too bad. We've spent a lot of time together this weekend.

I've worked really hard to look nice and be pleasant. Even if he can't compliment me, I've complimented him and showed a lot of interest in his work. Sunday night, we had a date night. He only showed up an hour late, supposedly watching football. We went out for a nice dinner at a place we've never been to before and ended up at a local "pub". Unexpectedly, a man from who'd been on the ill-fated Singapore trip with WH, his wife and another couple were there. We fell in to talking with them and had a nice time. It was fun to be with other couples. Either WH and OW HAVE been discreet at work or this man was very polite.

Earlier in the weekend, WH had said he'd go with DD and I to a rodeo we go to every year on MLK Day. He's never gone with us, never even been to a rodeo and sounded interested. Of course,on Monday morning, he was singing a different, "I don't want to go, I want to be by myself" tune when he dropped DD off from her stay with him. I was upset. DD was Really upset. After WH left, she called him and eventurally talked him into going. A good and bad idea because he wasn't very enthusaistic. It was nice to share it with him anyway. The rodeo theme this year is "grab life by the horns". I like it.

It was also our son's birthday. He'd done a college visit that day and wanted a nice birthday dinner at home. DS wanted Singapore food.

Soooo, WH, DD and I stop at a nice, new Asian market that recently opened on our way home from the rodeo. As soon as we walked in, WH started mentally distance himself from us. I could see his head was flashing back to Singapore with OW. Screw this, I thought. So I got bubbly about what a great store it was and how much I loved Singapore and it's food. How much fun it was when we went together and the time the kids were with us.

By the time we left, he was into monosyllables and surly-mode. I called him on. It was rude and boreish behavior and we hadn't done anything to deserve it. I suggested that he take us home, go back to his apartment to rest and make whatever "phone calls" he needed and then come back for dinner.

An hour later, our house looked nice. DD had set the table beautifully. I was mostly finished preparing an Asian feast and had a cherry pie in the oven. (DS wanted pie instead of cake.) WH brought a bottle of good champagne and a present. The food was great. We talked about DS's college visit. We laughed a lot about the things our family did on our trip 2 1/2 years ago to Singapore. WH started with a "sliver" of cherry pie but then helped himself to a couple more.

It was a good time. WH left with some leftovers and a smile. I felt we had disfused Singapore a bit. Hopefully, he can now remember the other things that have happend there besides OW. And when we got to MC today, I'm taking him a piece of pie.

Plan A going okay, MB buddies?

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
Sounds very hopeful to me when you are so early in this.

You are doing the right thing by being upbeat and making things pleasant. Hang in there and don't give up.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0