Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 530
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 530
Well, the subject says it all....after nearly a year...we got back together. Now after 2 wonderful weeks...my FWW went out for what had started as a lunch with her work GF...and when I learned of it going into supper plans...I let the hard, sharp mouth that she saids pushed her into her A...run her off again...any thoughts.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 530
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 530
I thought someone would give me a little input? I really was mean with my mouth Friday evening. Although she left me for the 3rd. time...again moving out things while I was'nt home she went to dinner last night to a restaurant. I truly have said things I kinda didn't even totally remember...like 1st., if your not home by certain time...don't come home...then I followed that up with just stay at your girlfriends palce tonight.... Deb says I'll never change...but she'll not go find a church...together or meet with the Pastor that married us. I want this to work, and realize I as well as a couple need help, other than just what I've read. Prayers are welcome. Later.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,091
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,091
My H and I have recovered without any sort of counseling.

I tried IC several different times before my H and I got back together.....but I never found one that I was comfortbale with.

By the time my H was willing to go to counseling I was completely turned off by the idea.

I also recovered without AD's. I tried a few when my H and I were seperated....but the side affects weren't worth it.

I also had a hard time keeping my feelings and mouth in check in the beginning......as a matter of fact....my mouth still runs sometimes. My mouth tends to be faster than my brain.

I have gotten better though.......with my mouth and my feelings. I tend to think about things more before I react to them. I wiegh them now....as to wether something is worth my time getting upset over.....or if it's something that maybe I'm over reacting to. I have a problem with over analyzing things.....though I've gotten better at that too.

One thing I had to realize was that I had a RIGHT to my feelings.....but I didn't have a right to yell at my H because he didn't agree with me on some of those feelings. Afterall....he's entitled to his feelings also.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,255
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,255
Hey WB...

With my W and I, it is IC. We tried MC--just didn't work. We were at a point where we needed to "fix" ourselves. We are at a point now where we can work together.

I'm sorry I didn't answer your question...but in our situation, I don't think we would be in recovery without IC (and MB.)

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,087
R
RIF Offline
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 6,087
Hey WB -

My W and I "made it" for a little over 10 years without MC... Our M was OK... but deep down, I always felt that something was missing from our M.

My W confessed to additional A's that all occured during our first three years of M and my OK M crashed and burned.

We started MC with our church and she started IC as well as AD medication...

For me, I don't believe that our M would be where it is today without MC...

Semper Fi,
RIF

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 530
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 530
Thanks folks...Misspriss...I too have been told that I overanalyze things....tonight deb came back with a suitcase...we are going to try to save this yet. Later.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,255
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,255
WB...great news!

Best wishes and blessings.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0