Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 6
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 6 |
I married a man whom everyone adores. He is a sweet, caring and sensitive man who always try to accomodate me. He helps me in my work, he gives me support and encouragement and he plans for many sweet surprises for the past seven years we've been together. My parents love him amd my friends envy me. I truly appreciate all that he has done for me and I expressed my appreciation without reservation.
Things began to change a little bit couple of months ago. Initially i thought it was due to his work stress. He said he needed more space and time. I only knew it very recently that he has given up many of his activities with friends and he has been sweeping all these needs and wants under the carpet just to make time for me, as his job requires alot of time out of the country.
I found out subsequently (mid Dec 04) that he had been seeing a girl that he said he could connect well with. They started 6-8 months ago and he said he felt the bond between them and he did like her. He said the girl did not mind him staying married but he had a hard time coping with lies and guilt. He broke it off with the girl soon after the A (he called it a fling) came into light. But at the same time, he wanted a seperation for the two of us to "sort out his thoughts". Since a month ago, I've been staying at my parents.
We attended out first counselling session last week. What i gathered is :
1) We have many differences - incompatibility. He knew it well before we married but he thought then differences wouldn't be a big issue and it could be resolved.
2) The A did not amplify our problem. It just bring him back to his life style before we're married. He wants the freedom.
3) He is now at a cross junction : He is not sure what kind of outcome he wants.
4) I made my stand clear : I want reconciliation and I'm ready to put the past behind and start rebuilding the marriage. I read alot of books and I'm ready to make it works.
Sometime before the A was uncovered, he went for 3 fortune-tellings at different places, all known to be rather "famous" and they all 'predicted' the same thing : he will remarry and the character of his spouse is very different from me. This poisonous jab of 'advice' almost destroy his faith in this marriage! He said he regretted going for it but he needed direction badly so he approached the so-called "supernatural" . Results proven : It has done more harm than good. He is even more lost than before!
We've been in contact since I moved back to my parents a month ago. We met up only after the first counselling session but i've not moved back. We went to his parents' for dinner once and he brought me out to buy golf shoe and golf set that he had promised me a while ago (he never stinge on buying things for me!) I went home twice (in the day) to do some housework to ease him off the chores so that he can concentrate on his upcoming exam (which i always do). I miss him everyday. I don't know how long the seperation is going to be. I'm afraid I won't be able to take it for too long. Please help me.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,069 |
Welcome to marriagebuilders. Hope some experts will come along soon.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
472
guests, and
19
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|