Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 531
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 531 |
I was in plan B over the last six months but came out of it about eight weeks ago. I ended up helping my STBXW deal with a really severe depression she got into over the last several weeks and spent quite a bit of time with her.
As some of you know I just went back to plan B again. I was surprised at my W reaction when I did it. She called and left me a message telling me that as soon as she was completely out of her depression she was going to seriously think about whether she wanted to try to repair things with me. She said she was really scared now but knew that part of it was just the depression she was in. She thanked me several times for helping her and told me that she would not contact me if that's what I wanted but she would be sad about it. She was very emotional during the whole conversation.
I know I shouldn't have come out of plan B and I'm still not sure why I did. I didn't do any major damage to myself emotionally and she seemed to react to it pretty well. Not something I would recommend to others but it didn't turn out too bad.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,823
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,823 |
Well Starz, I don't think that was such a horrible thing....I mean she is a loved one, we can't really let our loved ones getting so bad they kill themselves or anything.......although maybe the depression was a good sign, eh?
So even after you were there helping her, she was still seeing the OM? Why didn't he come comfort her? Maybe they're on the rocks......hmmmmmm.
-Caren
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 5,733
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 5,733 |
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by starman: <strong>I know I shouldn't have come out of plan B and I'm still not sure why I did. I didn't do any major damage to myself emotionally and she seemed to react to it pretty well. Not something I would recommend to others but it didn't turn out too bad. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It is recomended. There are emergency situational like this you should care about the person and specially if she asked.
You deposits a lot of LU$ ... congrat !. You are a concerned H and be there for her. You make your plan B even stronger ... I love you but I can't take you as WW.
You know why you did it ... at the very bottom of your heart you still care about STBXW. She realized it now and hope it would break her fog.
-rh-
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,892
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,892 |
Redhat,
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> You are a concerned H and be there for her. You make your plan B even stronger ... I love you but I can't take you as WW </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Great read on this scenario.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 531
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 531 |
I know that she's not seeing anyone at the moment. But I also know that it's an option in her mind. This is one of the reasons I gave her for stopping contact again.
I told her that I was putting myself into a potentially bad situation. It was easy to help her because she wasn't seeing anyone. But at this point I had two choices. I could spend time with her until she decided to start seeing someone again or I could get back out now before I had to deal with something like that again. It was an easy decision to make.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
255
guests, and
37
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|