Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
My WS hates all of our old friends and my entire family. My family hasn't contacted her since this started so he hates them.

Her girl-friends that go back to her high school (they are all married) days have contacted me, and had the kids and I over several times. She hates them.

Our many neighbors have had us over and WS hates them.

She hates ANYONE that we used to be friends with.

Does anyone have similiar experiences?

T
T
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by BHINWI:
<strong> My WS hates all of our old friends and my entire family. My family hasn't contacted her since this started so he hates them.

Her girl-friends that go back to her high school (they are all married) days have contacted me, and had the kids and I over several times. She hates them.

Does anyone have similiar experiences? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, Keith - me WW has alienated everone - I'm not evn sure who to trust mnay more.....

T
T
Sorry to hear that!
My STBX's family and friends seem to hate me....He is the one having the A and I'm being treated like crap. I just don't get it!!!
I think the reason your WS hates all of the old friends and your family is because they don't agree with what'she's doing. They are showing support to you and she doesn't like that.
Hang in there!!

R
RIF Offline
R
Hi BHINWI,

I think this is pretty common... My W was that way for a while. I think it comes from their guilt and embarrasment once the A is brought to light...

This is one reason that exposure is so critical to ending an active A...

Semper Fi,
RIF

M
M
Everything about my W changed when she was in the A and that included her friends. I'm not sure she hated all of our old ones she just didn't want anything to do with them.

TR, I'm getting the same thing from my in-laws. Mrs. E had the A and admitted that OM drug her into a life of alchohol and drugs but somehow I'm the bad guy. FIL actually said, well I GUESS you are welcome in our home as long as you are with Mrs. E.

M
M
I'm Lucky I guess.. All of My friends and Family including ww are now on my side. They all would like me and ww to get back together since her A died but they all understand. Most of them look at me and say, " How did you survive for so long "

I think once the light has truly been cast on the darkest corner of the A , All friends and family will surround you with support. Good luck.

M
M
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by BHINWI:
<strong> My WS hates all of our old friends and my entire family. My family hasn't contacted her since this started so he hates them.

Does anyone have similiar experiences? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think this is pretty common. WS' shun contact with those who know the details of their affairs, especially if they disagree with the affair. They cannot continue contact with those who constantly judge and berate them for what they believe they are totally justified in doing.

M
M

Does anyone have similiar experiences? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, my H wanted to avoid my family at all costs because several of my family members were quite furious at him. I supported him in facing them head on. See, he diddn't want to see them because he didn't want to face the consequences of his bad behavior. I had suffered enough and certainly was not going to accommodate him in escaping those consequences. I wasn't going to lose my family TOO over his affair.

Perhaps, your W should break the ice by facing them head on and apologizing to key family members? Your family was also harmed by her affair. Such a gesture would go a long way in repairing the breach that she caused.

But whatever you do, don't avoid your family and friends to accommodate her refusal to face the consequences.

<small>[ February 28, 2005, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: MelodyLane ]</small>

G
G
My WH doesn't want anybody to know what he's doing. He doesn't think anybody should know anything about his affair. Silly man, thinks that all this crap is just between him and me.

R
R
My SIL and BIL hate me and make no point of hiding it. I think when WH was in his A he spoke badly of me for so long to them that they turned against me just like he did. Now it is up to him to repair all of this. I do not know if we shall ever have a good relationship again because of what has taken place for so long.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 663 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation