Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1318722 03/07/05 01:30 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I feel so alone and down today. I was suppose to go out with my neighbor friend and some of her friends last night. She is a single mom (never been married). I watch her son often he is my son's friend. Anyway she wanted to go dancing -- I was able to get my ILs to watch my kids -- she tried to throw her son into the babysitting arrangement and I said I didn't think so --then my son was not feeling well so I deceided I would have an early night -- be home about 10 or 10:30. My neighbor friend said well if you are going to have an early night why don't you take care my son because we probably won't go out until then.

So I went to see Hitch alone -- and avoided my neighbor because I am feeling used and went to bed at 10 between my 2 kids.

This morning I wake up to a phone call -- the first thing I hear is Melissa? (the ow name) I said no "oh who is this" my name oh is David (wh) there. I just said no and hung up. Beautiful -- I need a life because this one sucks.

tdr

#1318723 03/07/05 01:35 AM
C
C
(((((((((tdr)))))))))))))

Get some new friends!!!!!!!! That is bullcrap, she isn't thinking of anyone but herself.

I am glad you went out despite your "friends". Was Hitch good?? It looked pretty funny.

I understand how you are feeling, I was drawn to your post because I posted something with the same name a few weeks ago.

This sucks royal, doesn't it? It's some unbelievable bullsh*t that we even have to put up with it. I guess no one promised me a rose garden, and it's far more noble thing to try to save your marriage than to run to the attorney and get a divorce.

Keep fighting the good fight hon.

-Caren

P.S. Man I want to b*tchslap your neighbor. (LOL anger management does wonders for me doesn't it?)

#1318724 03/07/05 01:36 AM
S
S
tdr,

Yes, life does suck sometimes. I am sorry you are going through this but most of here in the same situation. Keep working on yourself so you feel better.

Keith

#1318725 03/07/05 01:45 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Caren

The truth is I knew what she was all about -- but it just hurts to know at what level.

Get new friends -easier said than done. I wish I was more out going. I love my children but I feel so trapped sometimes -- my wh does not take them at all I have them 24-7. Well I work full time but you get the idea.

OK I have to some how get out of this funk its killing me.

tdr

#1318726 03/07/05 01:59 AM
C
C
tdr-

Do you know anyone at work?? You need to ditch that stupid lady.

The friends that I have that are my age suck too, they are all wrapped up in their own lives, they don't have time for me, I have been going out with some friends that are YOUNG...like 21 young...LOL, hey they have a lot more energy to do things than the other ones. None of 'em are good to talk to about this stuff, that's why I come here.

I understand feeling trapped, my WH only takes my DD10 1 day for like 4 or 5 hours every 2 weeks. He calls her constantly, but that doesn't really help me. I always feel guilty when I go out and do anything, but I FORCE myself to do it.

I'm sorry that you're so down hon.

-Caren

#1318727 03/07/05 12:27 PM
F
F
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by tdr:
<strong> -- I need a life because this one sucks.

tdr </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Okay...
Lets get you one then!

Seriously, list the type of life you WISH to have, but please don't list anything to do with your M. List what type of person YOU want to be, List what type of activities this NEW YOU would participate in, name some of the cool things, cool people, exciting lifestlye this NEW person would lead. Once you've brainstormed until your are EXCITED about this NEW PERSON, ALSO you are NOT done until you've listed so many great things about this person that your eyes sparkle from reading about her life. You are NOT done until you say to yourself, "Gosh she's the type of friend I need to hang out with, She's so INTERESTING!"

Once you've defined how you would like your life to be now it's time to chart your course. Pick something that you can do THIS week that will get you closer to being that NEW YOU.

TDR, remember starting small is important, if you start big it will seem overwhelming, and you'll probably put it off, if you choose too many things to do you might run out of gas during the process...AND before you start sabotaging yourself with negative comments, such as;

"This isn't for me!"
or
"I'm not that type of person!"

remember we are talking about the person you wish to become who you are 2day doesnot DICTATE or DEFINE who you are TOMORROW or the NEXT DAY or the NEXT DAY!

Pretty soon you will go from being the type of person who says they could use a new life to being the type of person who has a new life.

Trust me, it works!!

FM

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,084 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation