Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1324377 03/17/05 12:55 PM
N
N
I think what is alarming..is not the possibility of the glass being empty..it is the growing suspicion that the glass is irrelevent.

Noodle

#1324378 03/18/05 01:12 AM
W
W
It is pretty scary isn't it Noodle.

"that the glass is irrelevant"

The total loss of innocence!

#1324379 03/18/05 01:35 AM
J
J
For them the glass is neither half full nor half empty because the glass itself has been shattered. There is no glass. [Teary]

For them the glass is neither half full nor half empty because the glass itself has been shattered. There is no glass. [Teary]

Really well said!! For me, it's as if I thought there was a glass, my H told me there was a glass, but in reality it was something else - a cheap paper cup?

The rest of my life is good, as long as I don't let depression overtake me. It's not life that I am sad about, just that piece of it; my M, my personal relationship, or lack thereof, with my H!

jls

#1324380 03/18/05 12:46 PM
C
C
CN, I've been thinking about you, wondering how you are. Very recently I've been thinking about people on MB who have especially helped me along the way. You know I count you as one of them, whether you realize it or not. You have been one of the few FWHs here who was willing to read what I'm sure were difficult posts from me. I know you have a huge conscience so it must not have been easy for you hearing my pain. But some of your words to me I can still remember and really made a difference in my life. So your post was very good timing.

Don't have any great words of wisdom here. These As knock the wind out of both the BS and FWS. I guess I just have an observation about another way you helped me. I think my H is very similar to you in his huge disappointment and disgust with himself over what he did to me. Forgive me if that isn't how you feel, but I think I've gotten that from your posts. You helped me understand in my limited way why H might be slow returning to our M because of his own turmoil about what he had done. Just recently he acknowledged that maybe he has been slow giving me certain things I've needed, not because he doesn't love me, but because he doesn't love himself because of what he did. "How can I love you if I don't love myself?"

You have also helped me get a glimpse of what an A does to the FWS. That's a hard one for me to grasp, so my empathy level isn't that great for H concerning his pain. But somehow when you have voiced it it's easier for me to see it. He has told me very similar things to what you have written.

Basically I want to tell you this, which doesn't have much to do with your post. Sorry! I struggle with how my H, who was I believe a very good man, could have done something so wrong, and treated me so badly. I still haven't put those pieces together yet. However, I look at you, who did the same thing as H(minus the dad dying situation, which was extra bad), and I truly think of you as a good man. I don't have a doubt that you are remorseful. I'm pretty sure you wish you hadn't walked down the A path. You have taken the knowledge that you gained from your bad choice to help BSs and WSs alike. So I'll say it again. I look at you as a good man who did a bad thing. And because I can look at you in that way, it gives me hope that one day I will be able to see my H in the same way.

I hope you find peace and happiness again. Heck, I hope I do to. I think both H and I realize that it took some spiritual help(whatever you want to call it) to keep us together, and we'll need that help to ultimately heal us if that's meant to be. Take care friend! CV

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation