Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
My wife and I will "celebrate" our 10th anniversary in the latter half of May. I am looking for anniversary ideas, but confess that this is a dysfunctional marriage with very obvious communication and intimacy issues.<P>Although there has never been any infidelity, abuse or that sort of thing, our failure to communicate effectively has more or less relegated us to roommate status. We have 4 children and remain together largely because of them.<P>My wife has few if any feelings for me and confesses she may only love me "somewhere deep down". Clealry a danger sign. I am working on improving the relationship (largely on my own), but am looking for some good, solid ideas for a 10th anniversary.<P>Given our situation, I am not looking for anything overtly romantic, but something that would show my wife that I truly care about her and want to see our marriage flourish.<P>Anything anyone cares to suggest will be appreciated.<P>Thanks.<P>MarK

H
H
My H and I had our wedding reception at an amusement park. Ever since then....we choose a different amusement park to visit. This is a good way to bring smiles to your faces. It also really brings out the kid in both of us and we always have a great time...

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for your comments about the amusement park idea. My wife is a kid at heart and would love that. Unfortunately, we live in a rural area and there aren't any within a reasonable driving distance. You have, however, opened my eyes to try to find something fun and low-key. <P>Thanks again.<P>Mark

L
L
Mark,<BR>Have you considered taking your wife to a marriage seminar or retreat weekend? Something like that could be very good for your marriage relationship and be romantic. I will pray for you and your marriage. Good Luck and God Bless!!

B
OP Offline
B
Dear Luvbug:<P>That is an excellent idea. We have gone to a couple of these weekends in the past. I was actually contemplating this type of thing this Spring, but my wife is not too enamored with the idea at this time because she does not feel that I will take what I learn seriously in the long term.<P>Anyway, I have made reservations at a very nice restaurant overlooking the harbour and took her wedding ring to a jeweller to get repaired and cleaned (she damaged it playing softball).<P>Thanks for your prayers. Appreciated<P>Mark

X
X
Hello there one great terrific idea for a anniversay gift would be..I hope you have a bit of time on your hands cause it's definately worth it...here goes..Go out and buy a scrapbook...go looking trough old picture albums and pick out some pics of you and your wife before the kids...start pasting them onto the pages with of course a little statement about the pic what it reminded you of good memories...on the first page write a little paragraph explaining what it is your doing and why cause you love her of course and all these years together has made you stronger....anyways, then say ..what once was 2 has now become 3...then put pics of your first child and then your 3rd and then your fourth ...put in pics of places you went to through the years glue in even old projects the kids might have done for her over the years that she had saved..things like that..I done one for a first anniversary gift I even taped our first key to our first apartment onto it and yes I had kept it...anyways end it with a description of what it's been like being married to your wife for all them years and what special place she holds in your heart actually speak from the heart tell her how you feel after all these years whether some memories being good or bad...She'll appreciate that more than you could ever know just try it it takes some time and good thinking but hey she's worth it!!!!tie a nice pink ribbon around it with a nice card attached to it. it only costs about 2 or 3 dollars but really it will be replaceable to her. Good Luck to you I hope you try this one !!!!!<BR> xena1993@yahoo.com

R
R
Hi! i am a lot like the wife you decribe, and our relationship also very simular. Our anniversary is today, and it is a catch 22.What I would really like is to be asked what I want and how I am feeling and to be really listened to, as if he cars about what I have to say and how I feel. It helps to do SOMETHING, I old be more unhappy if he just ignored the aniversary. Butif I received flowers it would be fine.That would be actually perfect, I would be under no oblgation for response. Flowers are always appropriate.Maybe chocolate o a nice light card. We are in a bad way right now, and we have really nothing to celebrate. The last thing I want is to go to dinner and have nothing to talk about and pretend to have a good time.

R
R
Hi! i am a lot like the wife you decribe, and our relationship also very simular. Our anniversary is today, and it is a catch 22.What I would really like is to be asked what I want and how I am feeling and to be really listened to, as if he cares about what I have to say and how I feel. It helps to do SOMETHING, I would be more unhappy if he just ignored the aniversary. But if I received flowers it would be fine.That would be actually perfect, I would be under no oblgation. Flowers are always appropriate.Maybe chocolate or a nice light card. We are in a bad way right now, and we have really nothing to celebrate. The last thing I want is to go to dinner and have nothing to talk about and pretend to have a good time.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation