Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here. Today, although many of us are not reunited as a family, let us look to whatever joys and blessings are there - children, parents, other family and dearest friends! <P>I share this poem with you as testament to how much each person here means to me and has enriched my life in some measure through all this pain that I am enduring:<P>"The Friend Who Just Stands By"<P>"When trouble comes your soul to try,<BR>You love the friend who just 'stands by.'<BR>Perhaps there's nothing he can do -<BR>The thing is strictly up to you;<BR>For there are troubles all your own,<BR>And paths the soul must tread alone;<BR>Times when love cannot smooth the road<BR>Nor friendship lift the heavy load,<BR>But just to know you have a friend<BR>Who will 'stand by' until the end,<BR>Whose sympathy through all endures,<BR>Whose warm handclasp is always yours -<BR>It helps, some ways, to pull you through,<BR>Although there's nothing he can do.<BR>And so with frevent heart you cry,<BR>'God bless the friend who just "stands by."'"<P>B. Y. Williams<P>Happy Thanksgiving one and all! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Roll Me Away<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Day<p>[This message has been edited by Roll Me Away (edited November 25, 1999).]

N
N
Back at ya RMA!!!<P>Lovely poem...<P>~Sheryl<P>

S
S
RMA,<P>Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful poem. Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!!

M
M
Hey RMA,<P>I am guessing that the "all my fiends here" in your first line was a typo. Right? I did catch your second reply thanks.<P>Great poem! I feel I am with "family" right now. How about you?<P>Have a Great Turkey Day!<P>------------------<BR>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic<P><BR>

R
OP Offline
R
Medic!LOL!<P>You know - I am multi-talented, but typing is not one of my skills! I laughed at WilliamJ's post somewhere that he typed with one finger - I type with 3!! Also, guess I am a lousy proof-reader! I went back and corrected that - THANKS.<P>I posted twice to you just a few minutes ago - onceon your thread and once on bonnet's. Look for them.<P>Sheryl - DEAR friend, how is your holiday thus far????<P>sidney, thanks for reading. Luv ya!<P>I am running out for an errand and will be back in a few. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Roll Me Away<P>

L
L
Happy Thanksgiving to you, RMA!<P>Lori

N
N
It's fair to midlin (is that an actual word? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]), I'd say!<P>Been cookin' my little heart out all morning, trying to keep a hap-hap-happy face [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>Have a lovely day!!! Talk again tomorrow!!<P>Love and Big Hugs,<BR>~Sheryl<P>------------------<BR>Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you are among the stars!!

N
NSR Offline
N
{{{{{{{{{{RMA}}}}}}}}}<P>Blessed are those who mourn,<BR> for they will be comforted.<P>Thanks for the comfort your gave us. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

R
OP Offline
R
Jim,<P>THANKS! Happy Thanksgiving to YOU!<P>Roll Me Away

D
D
RMA;<P>Beautiful poem and such an uplifting message.<BR>The big hearted fool I am, tears filled my eyes when I got to the end. Hope you had <BR>a Happy Thanksgiving. <P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation