Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
LBelle Offline OP
OP Offline
L
After reading seeking?'s post about reconnecting with his HS girlfriend for an affair, I was wondering how many others have had the same thing happen?

My H began his affair with his "first love" after attending their HS reunion. I was supposed to attend, but had to drive our boys to Scout camp and had to miss it. OW moved her room to be next to his, told him she was single and was the aggressor(at first). While those things are true, my H was available for the affair. A big part of the appeal and zing was the feeling of recapturing his youth and how it felt when he was in HS and "in-love".

I have read a number of articles about how Classmates.com and other websites have fueled a wave a reunions with past sweethearts. There are books and articles talking about how wonderful it can be and how powerful the pull of a "first love" can be. The do put in a SMALL paragraph about the damage it can cause if the people still have spouses. But that is definately not the focus of their topic...........only an unfortunate by product.

So.....I was wondering, how many of your spouses had affairs with HS/College sweethearts that they saw at reunions or contacted through websites? What happened?

BW
DDay March 2004
OC born 8-04
NC
F
F
Well my H's first A with a g/f from HS and his second A was with his former g/f before me. Both times the woman contacted him after a number of years and the pull of youthful love was powerful for my H. I absolutely HATE reunion.com and classmates.com because I know the damage they can bring.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
G
G
IMHO, the whole affair thing is like being a teenager. The hormones, the newness, the forbidden, the immaturity. We, the BS are left to be the adults.

Grapes are versatile. Grapes can be sour, sweet, sublime as wine and fabulous even when old and dried out.

Me: BS
XCH: Clueless
2-DS: Bigger than me
1-DD: Now also bigger than me!

5/6: Personally served CH with divorce papers
6/6: CH F? wants to time to see if M can be saved
7/6: FCH reenters our lives to work on marriage but secretly signs papers to start divorce...what's that about?
Mediation set for November
Final dissolution in January 2007.
2008 and beyond: Life goes on...
L
LBelle Offline OP
OP Offline
L
When I first found out about A, my H began giving me articles about how powerful first loves are and how the feelings are buried deep in their souls! Blah, blah, blah. He and OW felt they should carry these around to "explain" to others how they felt and why it was bigger than they could control (read: not their fault). There is a women (can't remember her name) who conducts some type of "research" on the topic and she writes and speaks on this topic.

We all know this is baloney and only provides an excuse for people to engage in behavior they KNOW is wrong, selfish and cruel.

FF: I can't believe you H would dig up TWO old girlfriends! I am so sorry! You really must hate classmates.com.

Grape: I totally agree! The BS has to be more mature and accept many things if we want to preserve our M.

BW
DDay March 2004
OC born 8-04
NC
H
H
My WW had her affair with her high school sweetheart. They embarked on a 5 year affair right under my nose. At present, we are separated after being married 29 years. And I believe the affair is still on going. She moved out to another town about 500 miles from here but it is not OM's town. I'm in Plan B and haven't seen or talked to her in over a month. At least I am out of the chaos.

D-Day 5-22-04 BS(me) 52 WS 49 Divorced 7-26-06 3 adult children (28, 25 &18) 5 year A
N
N
Hi,

My W had her second A with her first boyfriend. They were not HSSH but they met when she was 15 and he was 18. When I found out about her A I also found out that she saw him a couple of months b4 we got married. She says that nothing happened then but why should I think otherwise. I know that she will always have feelings for him. She proved it when she had her A. I'm affraid that she will never feel for me the way she did for him, since she would do and did everything for him, she accepted her abbusive behavior, his repeated cheating, etc and still she went back to him. I feel for her what she felt for him ...

Last edited by notsosadman28; 03/31/05 02:40 PM.

[url=http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=31&t=016911]My Story[/url] BH (Me) 28 FWW 26 M 9/01 A#1 EA/PA 5/04 - 12/04 (Prof. from her school) A#2 PA 11/04 - 12/04 (XBF) D-day 12/9/04 NC 1/05 In Recovery :)

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation