Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1361312 04/22/05 11:43 PM
A
andle52 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
a married guy G, 34 with kids, is having a secret affair with my daughter D,18. G has never come to our house.they meet at motels etc. this has been going on for a few months now. i dont see this relationship going anywhere for my D as he has no intention of leaving his wife. i have tried to explain this ad nausea to D, but nowadays our conversations almost always degenerate to argumenting and curses and we only interact (D & me) cause i make breakfast for her in the morning/take care of washing her clothes etc. i am at loss at what to do. wasnt sure where to post ,in the end i chose to put my question here.thanks for help

K
K
A 52,
I suggest you post over in the general questions forum. More people will see your posting and you should get more responses.

Also, weekends tend to be slower for responses.
Good Luck.

A
A
Your situation made me think a lot about mine.

My WH, 29, had an affair with an 18-year old girl. We have 2 children together, 6.5 years & 13 months. They meet while working together. SUPPOSEDLY it only went on for less than 2 months before I found out, when he told me on my son & my birthday.

I talked to the girl just after finding out about it, he told me. I asked her if her parents knew about him & his family. She said they knew he had children but thought he was divorced. I told her good luck with him because I was DONE. BUT also, remember that everything she heard about ME was one sided. (She even told WH how nice I was to her later that day.)

The next day he begged me to stay & I was with him when he ended it with her. I called her and said that I hope she leaves him alone to TRY to work things out with our family. I also said that I hope that if she ever finds someone who she really loves, that no one tried to interfere with her marriage they way she did ours.

Please tell your daughter if this man truly loves her and respects her that he will leave his wife for her. She needs to STOP HELPING him ruin someone else’s life. It is not just her life that is effected but his wife and their children. If he can have a double life and lie to his wife about her, he must be good at it, so what makes her think that he is not doing the same thing with her or will not do it in the future. If she says ‘because he loves me.’ Well, obviously he loved his wife at ONE time or they wouldn’t be married with children. Also, Nothing that STARTS bad can END well. The odds really are against it. I am sorry but she is going to end up hurt in this relationship. I am sure you know that. I am sure she is a WONDERFUL young woman, I hope she realizes he is using her to escape from the reality of his real life.

WH & I are struggling EVERYDAY to get past this. When he realized I was not going to try to compete or fight with an 18-year old he realized he had lost me and came RUNNING back. I am not sure if it will ever be the same.

Good luck. I hope she can realize that is in a bad situation. Maybe you can suggest that she contact the wife, or do it yourself. However, that may really backfire in YOUR face between you and your daughter.

Angi

BW(me) - 28 H 28 - (OW - 18!) D-day 3/10/05 (Happy b-day to ME & our SON!) P/E A 1/19/05 - 3/11/05 (Standing NEXT to him when he told her it was over.) DD 6.5 DS 13 months
D
D
Tell the wife. Give her some power in this sick situation. It's your best bet for getting your daughter out of this nasty situation. Also, quit taking care of your daughter as you would a child. If she wants to make adult mistakes, she can take care of herself. I'm not saying to kick her out or anything, but just don't do her any favors.

Good luck. You're a good mom for coming here with these questions.

Dobie

Me - BS DDay 1 (Multiple affairs while overseas) - Feb 2003 DDay 2 (AdultFriendFinder Profile) - April 2007 Seeing a counselor. I think we have him stumped.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 218 guests, and 103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation