Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1380136 05/13/05 09:16 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1
Hi everyone. I'm so thankful I found this forum because we can't see our therapist for another 2 weeks due to her busy schedule.

I'm really upset with my husband because he told me that if I married him, I wouldn't have to work. Of course I now realize he was making that statement during the romantic bliss that precedes a marriage.

I know I married him impulsively because my insurance from my teaching profession was about to expire. I had originally intended to live in Mexico for a year so I could become fluent in Spanish and then teach bilingual education. But my fiance at the time didn't want me to return to Mexico because he would miss me too much.

So now I'm married and he wants me to pursue some occupation so I'll look good to his family. I have enough saving where I don't need his money, but sometimes I get the feeling that he wants me to earn money so we can spend more money.

This is my 3rd marriage so I'm to the point where the idea of a divorce doesn't even phase me. I'm realizing that we're growing in different directions because I have no interest in spending large amounts of money for landscaping or buying real estate as a potential investment. I'm quite content living a modest lifestyle and unlike my husband, I have no desire to impress other people.

Thank you for any insight,
Melissa

Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
This board doesn't see a lot of action... not like some of the others.
Emotional Needs or General Questions II might be better.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0