Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1397440 06/03/05 04:01 PM
B
bullman Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I have been seperated for 14 months and divorced for 10 months. 2 months after our seperation EW started seeing OM(may have been before we were seperated) 4 months after our divorce EW moved in with OM and they became engaged, wedding this August. I tried everything to reconcile and went through all of the grieving stages(worst days of my life) We have two kids 6 and 3, we share 50/50. For the last 6 months I have been seeing someone. 2 months ago EW started droping hints like"do you miss us?" This all started after she found out I was seeing someone. Lately she has been droping more hints, she asked me if I loved my new girlfriend(I replied yes, cause I do) The she said that she called off the wedding and asked me if that matterd. I have crossed the bridge to my new life and now that I am happy and moving on it seems like she wants to see if she can still have me. It all seems like manipulation and games to me. Thoughts?

bullman #1397441 06/03/05 05:10 PM
M
M
Could be the fog wore off for her and she saw her OM for the human he is and it wasn't what she pictured it to be. Now she wants you back but you have found someone else.

My motto: NO REGRETS! Life is too short to have regrets
bullman #1397442 06/04/05 09:34 PM
T
T
Bullman,

To me it sounds like what I'm hearing/seeing from time to time and I'm sure others have too.

She doesn't really want you until she can't have you.

(i.e. she doesn't want you but doesn't want you to be with anyone else.)

My WH was all about his OW. Then I mentioned that I had been asked out (but declined because our divorce isn''t final). Then he asks me if I'd be interested maybe in a fresh start once the divorce is final.

Why is it when I'm not being asked out he's all cocky about his mistress. Then each time I mention someone might've been interested in me it's - they'll never be as good as I am etc....

Don't buy into it for one minute.

TessW. #1397443 06/07/05 08:28 AM
B
bullman Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I have not bought into it. She hasn't even said she wants to get back together, she only drops hints. If it was real(which at this point it wouldn't matter) you would think she would come out and say it like "lets give it another try" but only obvious hints from her. My EW is very controlling and it seems that is another part of this latest scheme. I'm not angry or bitter towards her, just want us to get along for the kids, we had been getting along very well until she realized I was really in love with my girlfriend......I think it finally hit her that I am gone forever. I know time will smooth things over.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation