Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
_
_AD_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_
Hey MBers,

Do you remember the movie "Sophie's Choice"?
(Containing the most horrific scene in all of filmology)

Remember the part at the almost-end when Sophie goes back to her boyfriend - who is seriously unstable and suicidal - and they end up killing themselves together (sorry to give it away for those who never saw it).

Did you understand why she went back?

I did.

I don't know if it applies to your case, but maybe it applies to mine.

-AD

A guy, 50. Divorced in 2005.
W
W
Why did she go back AD?

_
_AD_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_
Having once been forced to turn her back on somebody she loved (her own child), Sophie was not willing to do it again - not even to save her life.

----

And thinking about it some more, I don't think it applies.

I just hate turning my back on my W - hate rejecting her - even with all she's done. But really I haven't rejected her. I've just rejected a life with OM in it. The door is still open for my W. To me, she's still a tender little flower.

-AD

Last edited by _AD_; 06/21/05 04:16 PM.

W
W
I've just rejected a life with OM in it. The door is still open for my W.

Bingo! And she knows this right AD?

_
_AD_ Offline OP
OP Offline
_
I hope she does - but I never gave her a PBL.

W
W
You need to be very clear to her what you want. You don't want to be in Plan B, so take Coach's advice and tell her what he said to tell her.

It's worth a try AD.

And she needs to know what your truth is.

Even if she is the one who wanted to divorce, or even if it is mucky on who wanted what. I would write her a letter and then do the 180 such as Coach outlined.

But then I don't really know anything anyway, just thought she should know what is going on in your head, before you do the 180.

The 180 will show her that you mean what you said.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation