Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1411961 06/24/05 10:32 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 4
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 4
Im a new at this, so hopefully someone can give me some advise. Me and my husband have been married for 8 months. Overall its been a great marriage. We enjoy the same things, we have so much fun together. But of course there are its times when its not so good. My husband is in a heavy metal band. Which is his goal in life. To make it "BIG". Even though that is his DREAM... I somewhat dont agree with it. There are things that I have to deal with that I dont want to deal with. For example... All the girls that approch him (groupies is the term I like to use). I am a jealous person, so that doesnt exactly go well with me. And when I get upset he tells me "DEAL WITH IT!" When it comes time to record their CD, he will be in the studio for up to 8 hours a day. He will go to the studio at 6:00pm and not get home till 3:00 in the morning. I dont agree with that, but if i say something it starts a fight, and when I ask him to comprimise with me and be home earlier, he gets upset and says "why does it always have to be the way you want it" Sometimes I feel that he pushes me away, for his "band." We own a house, I have two jobs to make what I need to survive. He only has one job (not a good paying one at that), when I asked him to get another job he replied "I dont have time, I have a band!" Im not sure who is in the wrong here, if its me or him??????

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 619
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 619
Welcome to MB. You have come to the right place for help. First, though, I would like to suggest that you post in the Emotional Needs forum as well, as it gets more traffic.

Have you read the material on the site?

Quote
Im not sure who is in the wrong here, if its me or him??????

You'll notice as you read more that finding a happy place in your marriage is not about blame, so it's not helpful to try to decipher who is "wrong".

Also keep in mind that you can only change yourself and the reactions that you have to other people. You cannot change other people, not even your H.

Is he open to discussion about your situation? If you were to print out some information regarding the Policy of Joint Agreement (POJA, never do anything without the enthusiastic agreement of your spouse, more information as you explore the site) would he go over it with you?

Does he know that you're having issues with the current state of your relationship?

Are there any kids in the equation?

Cat

Cat_A #1411963 06/24/05 11:41 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 4
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 4
We DONT have any kids. I have tried to tell him how i feel about the situation but he doesnt listen, gets upset, says that my feelings are stupid, and then tells me to "DEAL WITH IT!" My husband has a very short temper. So the littest things make him made. I aviod the confintation on the situation because I dont want to start a fight. See why I need advise??


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0